Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Quote Originally Posted by DMustaine View Post
    OK, fixed... but where? Here's the steps I took:

adding this line to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    File doesn't exist. Unable to implement.
    If you follow the tutorial, it will create the file for you. All you need is to run the command as suggested, add the line, then save it.

Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    Following this threads options I found in the /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugins a file names something like "flash alternative" and renamed it to .old

copied and pasted the file "libflashplayer.so" into said folder and still no go.
    Is not /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin. Where did you get that information? The correct folder is ~/.mozilla/plugins, which is under your home directory. There is no need to mess with system files. If you enter .mozilla folder in your home and there is no plugins folder inside it, just create it and place the libflashplayer.so there.

Added "flash-aid" to Firefox and upon installing saw flash-aid display the following error: "Remove conflicting flash installations and install the appropriate version according to Ubuntu system architecture."
    This is still showing for flash-aid
    I don't understand where you get such "error" in Flash-Aid. That is the description of the add-on. Please post a screenshot so I can understand what you are trying to do.

Don't know what to say. VERY frustrating, and confusing to a "casual" user. I'm going to remove the flash-aid add-on and see what happens. I'll reply with the results.
    When you are not using Flash-Aid, it doesn't do anything. So if you didn't executed the Flash-Aid Wizard or Advanced mode, it didn't do anything to your system. Removing it won't make any difference either.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
    Nah, its not THAT bad. If you have a decent enough CPU, unticking that hardware option (first image) will remove the smurf effects and you can play 1080p with no issues.
    I'm quite sure I don't say I was having any problem other than that a site I use requires the lastest update. I've never encountered smurfing and 1080p works fine. But thanks for asking.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Hi guys,

I am also having trouble with Firefox (well my wife is), it is also happening with Chromium. She is finding Facebook games unresponsive. You Tube movies play fine other than cranking the CPU up to about 65%.

Is this likely to be caused by the same problem as everyone is experiencing here?

I am going to try to disable hardware acceleration as suggested when I get home from work, but I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with Facebook.

I have a dual boot with Windows XP, but I am trying to gradually wean her off Windows and this Facebook Issue isn't helping my cause.

Cheers for all the advice guys, much appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wbosher View Post
    Hi guys,

I am also having trouble with Firefox (well my wife is), it is also happening with Chromium. She is finding Facebook games unresponsive. You Tube movies play fine other than cranking the CPU up to about 65%.

Is this likely to be caused by the same problem as everyone is experiencing here?

I am going to try to disable hardware acceleration as suggested when I get home from work, but I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with Facebook.

I have a dual boot with Windows XP, but I am trying to gradually wean her off Windows and this Facebook Issue isn't helping my cause.

Cheers for all the advice guys, much appreciated.
    Facebook games typically have issues with Linux flash. But in my wife's experience Chrome/Chromium works best (even with the latest flash) with Facebook games. But it might depend on video cards, drivers etc. CPU usage is high, but thats expected of anything that uses Flash.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post

Is not /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin. Where did you get that information? The correct folder is ~/.mozilla/plugins, which is under your home directory. There is no need to mess with system files.
    There is a system folder:

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

is the correct folder where browsers look for plugins by default. And the flash deb installers might link stuff all over the place, but the only interesting places are ~/.mozilla/plugins (user-specific) or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ (system-wide). The naming of the plugins .so file also might differ, browsers pick them up anyway.
    The "about:plugins" url is present in all browsers i believe and it will show discovered plugins. I never had any issues with multiple plugins, i just verified the paths and disabled those i didnt want. Very easy to do in any browser.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
    There is a system folder:

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

is the correct folder where browsers look for plugins by default.
    Yes, that is exactly the place where Flash-Aid puts the libflashplayer.so file if you need to install flash for all users, like described in the first post. However, the user I was replying to was talking about /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin, which is not the same and not mentioned in my tutorial. In fact I don't even mention /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/, because Flash-Aid takes care of putting it there and setting up the proper file ownership and permissions.

Beans

I disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox and Facebook games are playing ok now, still a little bit slow but much better. Chromium doesn't work.

One more small step in converting my wife.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thumbs up Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Thanks for the heads up on the backgrade option. In my case, I have issues with the audio on the Userplane® video chat, in terms of choppy audio transmission; I haven't encountered audio problems elsewhere so far where Flash is needed. A test run of the in-beta (as of 13 April 2012) Adobe® Flash 11.3.300 on an Asus® CM1630-06 (upgraded with audio and video hardware) under Microsoft® Windows® 7.0.8001 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.1.7601) has not resulted in a complete remedy w/r/t the Userplane® video chat audio issue; I still have the same chop as with Flash 11.2.202.228.

Several Websites that require Adobe® Flash for basic audio functionality are monitoring this situation closely, as W3C Hypertext Markup Language 5 is not a one-for-one replacement for Flash in their respective cases.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I'm still stuck on this. With the latest version and hardware acceleration disabled the smurf problem is gone but every video freezes after a while (audio continues).

I've tried unpacking an older version from another thread on here but that has the same freezing problem.

This didn't happen in whatever version I had last month. What's the best way to roll back?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
    I'm still stuck on this. With the latest version and hardware acceleration disabled the smurf problem is gone but every video freezes after a while (audio continues).

I've tried unpacking an older version from another thread on here but that has the same freezing problem.

This didn't happen in whatever version I had last month. What's the best way to roll back?
    Delete any flash downloaded manually and install version 11.2.202.228 from the repositories. You can easily do that with Flash-Aid. Then enable hardware acceleration. The Smurf effect will be back. Then try this:

http://www.wiredrevolution.com/ubunt...ideo-in-ubuntu

I am not sure if it works with Flash, but worth a try.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast