Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 110

Thread: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by DMustaine View Post
    OK, fixed... but where? Here's the steps I took:

    adding this line to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    File doesn't exist. Unable to implement.
    If you follow the tutorial, it will create the file for you. All you need is to run the command as suggested, add the line, then save it.

    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    Quote Originally Posted by DMustaine View Post
    Following this threads options I found in the /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugins a file names something like "flash alternative" and renamed it to .old

    copied and pasted the file "libflashplayer.so" into said folder and still no go.
    Is not /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin. Where did you get that information? The correct folder is ~/.mozilla/plugins, which is under your home directory. There is no need to mess with system files. If you enter .mozilla folder in your home and there is no plugins folder inside it, just create it and place the libflashplayer.so there.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMustaine View Post
    Added "flash-aid" to Firefox and upon installing saw flash-aid display the following error: "Remove conflicting flash installations and install the appropriate version according to Ubuntu system architecture."
    This is still showing for flash-aid
    I don't understand where you get such "error" in Flash-Aid. That is the description of the add-on. Please post a screenshot so I can understand what you are trying to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMustaine View Post
    Don't know what to say. VERY frustrating, and confusing to a "casual" user. I'm going to remove the flash-aid add-on and see what happens. I'll reply with the results.
    When you are not using Flash-Aid, it doesn't do anything. So if you didn't executed the Flash-Aid Wizard or Advanced mode, it didn't do anything to your system. Removing it won't make any difference either.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Left Coast of the USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
    Nah, its not THAT bad. If you have a decent enough CPU, unticking that hardware option (first image) will remove the smurf effects and you can play 1080p with no issues.
    I'm quite sure I don't say I was having any problem other than that a site I use requires the lastest update. I've never encountered smurfing and 1080p works fine. But thanks for asking.
    My Blog
    Ubuntu Help Pages I'm constructing: AMDGPU and AMDGPU-PRO
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    25

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Hi guys,

    I am also having trouble with Firefox (well my wife is), it is also happening with Chromium. She is finding Facebook games unresponsive. You Tube movies play fine other than cranking the CPU up to about 65%.

    Is this likely to be caused by the same problem as everyone is experiencing here?

    I am going to try to disable hardware acceleration as suggested when I get home from work, but I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with Facebook.

    I have a dual boot with Windows XP, but I am trying to gradually wean her off Windows and this Facebook Issue isn't helping my cause.

    Cheers for all the advice guys, much appreciated.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cluj, Romania
    Beans
    1,292

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by wbosher View Post
    Hi guys,

    I am also having trouble with Firefox (well my wife is), it is also happening with Chromium. She is finding Facebook games unresponsive. You Tube movies play fine other than cranking the CPU up to about 65%.

    Is this likely to be caused by the same problem as everyone is experiencing here?

    I am going to try to disable hardware acceleration as suggested when I get home from work, but I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with Facebook.

    I have a dual boot with Windows XP, but I am trying to gradually wean her off Windows and this Facebook Issue isn't helping my cause.

    Cheers for all the advice guys, much appreciated.
    Facebook games typically have issues with Linux flash. But in my wife's experience Chrome/Chromium works best (even with the latest flash) with Facebook games. But it might depend on video cards, drivers etc. CPU usage is high, but thats expected of anything that uses Flash.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cluj, Romania
    Beans
    1,292

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post

    Is not /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin. Where did you get that information? The correct folder is ~/.mozilla/plugins, which is under your home directory. There is no need to mess with system files.
    There is a system folder:

    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

    is the correct folder where browsers look for plugins by default. And the flash deb installers might link stuff all over the place, but the only interesting places are ~/.mozilla/plugins (user-specific) or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ (system-wide). The naming of the plugins .so file also might differ, browsers pick them up anyway.
    The "about:plugins" url is present in all browsers i believe and it will show discovered plugins. I never had any issues with multiple plugins, i just verified the paths and disabled those i didnt want. Very easy to do in any browser.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
    There is a system folder:

    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

    is the correct folder where browsers look for plugins by default.
    Yes, that is exactly the place where Flash-Aid puts the libflashplayer.so file if you need to install flash for all users, like described in the first post. However, the user I was replying to was talking about /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin, which is not the same and not mentioned in my tutorial. In fact I don't even mention /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/, because Flash-Aid takes care of putting it there and setting up the proper file ownership and permissions.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    25

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    I disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox and Facebook games are playing ok now, still a little bit slow but much better. Chromium doesn't work.

    One more small step in converting my wife.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Byron, CA, USA
    Beans
    473
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Thumbs up Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Thanks for the heads up on the backgrade option. In my case, I have issues with the audio on the Userplane® video chat, in terms of choppy audio transmission; I haven't encountered audio problems elsewhere so far where Flash is needed. A test run of the in-beta (as of 13 April 2012) Adobe® Flash 11.3.300 on an Asus® CM1630-06 (upgraded with audio and video hardware) under Microsoft® Windows® 7.0.8001 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.1.7601) has not resulted in a complete remedy w/r/t the Userplane® video chat audio issue; I still have the same chop as with Flash 11.2.202.228.

    Several Websites that require Adobe® Flash for basic audio functionality are monitoring this situation closely, as W3C Hypertext Markup Language 5 is not a one-for-one replacement for Flash in their respective cases.
    Gigabyte® GA-MA78GM-S2HP (AMD® Athlon 64® X2 5600+ MPU, RS780G NB, SB710 SB)
    Audio: ASUS® XONARESSENCESTX/A (PCIe, C-Media® CMI-8788 via PCIe-PCI bridge)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Beans
    1,068
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    I'm still stuck on this. With the latest version and hardware acceleration disabled the smurf problem is gone but every video freezes after a while (audio continues).

    I've tried unpacking an older version from another thread on here but that has the same freezing problem.

    This didn't happen in whatever version I had last month. What's the best way to roll back?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    12,497
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
    I'm still stuck on this. With the latest version and hardware acceleration disabled the smurf problem is gone but every video freezes after a while (audio continues).

    I've tried unpacking an older version from another thread on here but that has the same freezing problem.

    This didn't happen in whatever version I had last month. What's the best way to roll back?
    Delete any flash downloaded manually and install version 11.2.202.228 from the repositories. You can easily do that with Flash-Aid. Then enable hardware acceleration. The Smurf effect will be back. Then try this:

    http://www.wiredrevolution.com/ubunt...ideo-in-ubuntu

    I am not sure if it works with Flash, but worth a try.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •