Thread: New install and problems with Calender

Beans

New install and problems with Calender

Hi, please forgive me if I have this wrong, havent used the forums for a long time, and things have changed since I last came on here.

I just installed lubuntu onto my lenovo 64bit laptop, via synaptic, the installation went really well, and I found the lubuntu netbook version which I must admit I really like. My problem is I cannot get Lightening to work in Thunderbird, even though I have it working fine in Ubuntu 12.04.....I even tried to install it it shows its installed but in preferences there is no sign on it.

How can I get my calender back. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: New install and problems with Calender

Lightning is an add-on to Thunderbird. Have you installed Lubuntu over Ubuntu or did you install it side by side with Lubuntu? Oh yes, one other option, did you install the LXDE inside of Ubuntu?
    An installation of Thunderbird will require you to install the add-on. I am assuming that you did that. It is not like the stand alone Sunbird which I do not believe is supported any longer.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you.....well, I installed Ubuntu 12.04, then discovered I could installed lubuntu using the Synaptic package manager....Installed it, started to look around, and in Ubuntu 12.04 Thunderbird works with Lightning, but Lightning wont show up in lubuntu, even though it says its installed in Addons......dont know why it wont show up.....

Beans
    Distro

The installed version may not be compatible with the installed version of Thunderbird. Export your calandar file to a file in Documents of wherever you want to put it. Uninstall Thunderbird and all of its config files. Then reinstall it with the Lightning add on. The current version of Thunderbird is 12.0.1 and Lightning is 1.04 I believe.
    Rex
    Rex

Beans

Wink Re: New install and problems with Calender

Yay, uninstalling worked, and I didnt loose anything, I took a chance leaving my profile intact, and as I have google calendar, I just entered the url and its back again........brilliant.....now I can start exploring lubuntu some more now.......thank you so much........

Beans
    Distro

Glad it worked for you. If your problem is solved to your satisfaction please mark your thead as solved with the thread tools at the top.
    Rex