Thread: Dropbox have upped their space again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Dropbox have upped their space again!

I got this in my rss feed today

Hey everyone!

Today, we’re really happy to announce that we’ve doubled the amount of free space you get for inviting friends to Dropbox!

How much space is that, exactly? For every friend you invite that installs Dropbox, you’ll both get 500 MB. If you’ve got a free account, you can invite up to 32 people for a whopping total of 16 GB of extra space. Pro accounts now earn 1 GB per referral, for a total of 32 GB of extra space. Have you already invited a bunch of people? Don’t worry! Within a few days, you’ll get full credit for every referral that’s already been completed. Boom!

Once upon a time, we noticed that Dropbox spread fastest via word of mouth. We’ve always believed that sharing is caring, so we rolled out this referral program to make recommending Dropbox an even sweeter deal. Back then, we gave out only 250 MB per invite. Then we doubled the space for students for inviting friends, and they liked it so much we decided to give it to everyone!

Start referring your friends now.

Here’s a quick guide to getting the word out:

Import your email contacts – After you import your contacts, you can select which friends, family and coworkers to invite. In case you miss someone, you can always type in their email address. This also makes it super easy to share folders with them later.

Post to Facebook and Twitter – This lets you invite all your friends in one go.

Share your unique referral link – Anyone who installs Dropbox with your link will count toward your referrals. Use the link in emails, blogs, or whatever you’d like. Get creative!

Once you’ve invited your friends, you can check in on your referral status here, and encourage them to download and start using Dropbox.

Thanks for spreading the Dropbox love!
    So if yo haven't yet got a Dropbox account sign up using this referral link and get a free referral! http://db.tt/QXBqNdKn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Dropbox have upped their space again!

Holy crap, it's retroactive. I just got a bump. I'm going to drop some more symlinks in there, now. = D

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Bezel View Post
    Holy crap, it's retroactive. I just got a bump. I'm going to drop some more symlinks in there, now. = D
    I know! my wife just got upped to over 19gb of storage from retro active stuff (though some of that was due to an old game dropbox played, you could get space by solving riddles)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

EDIT: deleted

Beans

I need a cloud space with over 500GB
    I have almost 70GB alone in music..
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    I need a cloud space with over 500GB
    I have almost 70GB alone in music..
    cost effectivness what you'd probally be better doing is getting a webhost account and basically rlling yor own via someting like owncloud

for example on godaddy you can have unlimited spac for 8.49 a month... so yeah... dropbox really is the simple solution but maybe not the most cost effective if you need more than say 32gb

Beans
    Hidden!

Wondered why my dropbox had a message about more space... nice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Speaking of dropbox:

SpiderOak: Dropbox for the security obsessive

http://arstechnica.com/getting-it-do...-obsessive.ars

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nice! I can fit more old software projects up there now