Thread: How can I find out what happened to Dennis Ritchie's body

Beans

How can I find out what happened to Dennis Ritchie's body

I realize that the mods may close my thread since it is seemly unrelated to education and science, but I don't know where else to post this, and I really want an answer. I will also explain a bit about how this relates to education and science.

I am creating a religion where science is considered a fetish and the gods of the religion are those who influenced history though their work in the various fields of science. I'm doing a presentation for a class I am taking (intro to eastern religions; it's an extra credit assignment). Anyway, what I am getting at, is right now I'm stuck on rites of passage, I would like to include a section on pilgrimages, and right now I have is to go see one of the descendants of the tree that spawned Newton's apple. Also, "the one I consider more important to my field, of course", is to go see Dennis Ritchie's grave and pay homage to his work in the field. I would like to leave some roses or something behind.

Anyway, if this thread is closed, I understand. I felt an explanation was needed on how to connect this to education and science (my religion resolves around educating people). I've tried posting this in other places, and I've gotten nothing. I can't find anything on google.

Also, please keep this thread on topic. I'm not here to preach my religion, but if you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Re: How can I find out what happened to Dennis Ritchie's body

It would be a new polytheistic religion after a very long time. Interesting.

I don't know about Ritchie's grave but here is a couple of others related to computers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jo..._tomb_2004.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ep...nt-Etienne.jpg
    Last edited by troymius; April 4th, 2012 at 02:25 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How can I find out what happened to Dennis Ritchie's body

A place to discuss scientific and mathematics software for Ubuntu or linux in general.
    Closed.