Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empathy sign-in takes for ever. Broken?

Beans

Question Empathy sign-in takes for ever. Broken?

My issue is that empathy takes for ever to sign in.

It used to work alright, I just noticed because I decided to try it, recently I had to replace my 250GB HDD on this Dell Inspiron 1546 Laptop for a new 360GB Toshiba HDD.
    I had to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu on it, everything works fine (except Windows ofcourse*facepalm*), but Empathy seems to be broken.

I've already tried removing and reinstalling empathy but that didn't change anything, does anyone know what I could do?

Beans

Re: Empathy sign-in takes for ever. Broken?

what are you trying to sign in to?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Hirobian View Post
    My issue is that empathy takes for ever to sign in.

It used to work alright, I just noticed because I decided to try it, recently I had to replace my 250GB HDD on this Dell Inspiron 1546 Laptop for a new 360GB Toshiba HDD.
    I had to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu on it, everything works fine (except Windows ofcourse*facepalm*), but Empathy seems to be broken.

I've already tried removing and reinstalling empathy but that didn't change anything, does anyone know what I could do?
    did you made a reinstall from purge removing ?
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans

raja, please don't instruct people to make system altering changes before you know what the problem is

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by HiImTye View Post
    raja, please don't instruct people to make system altering changes before you know what the problem is
    I am talking about this .
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans

Note: Consider me a beginner, I may not understand unless explained. Aslo this may or may not be important but I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx.

Quote Originally Posted by raja.genupula View Post
    Did you make a reinstall from purge removing?
    Purge? I only uninstalled the program via the USC (Ubuntu Software Center) I was thinking of doing it via the SMP (Synaptic Package Manager) but I am unsure if I should.

Quote Originally Posted by HiImTye
    What are you trying to sign in to?
    I'm trying to sign into my MSN Messenger account via Empathy, it used to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong in the options?

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

ALSO! I just remmembered that aMSN and Emesene Have also not been able to sign in.

I don't know if this will help but I found a debug window for Empathy, I will be attaching the results to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hirobian; April 1st, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Beans

Sorry for the double post but I will be making a new thread as this threads title is about Empathy and I just realized that the problem is affecting aMSN and Emesene aswell.

Here is the link to the new thread, I have rewritten the information, please answer there.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post11810409
    Last edited by Hirobian; April 1st, 2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added new thread link.

Beans

you might have better luck if you remove the butterfly plugin for telepathy and revert to the libpurple plugin for MSN
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove telepathy-butterfly
    if it doesnt help you can always just add it again. note, once you remove the plugin you will need to remove your account and then add it agian or you won't see any results

Beans

I will try that in an hour(I need to get home from school ^^ ) it's 3:02 eastern time as I post this message.

Beans

I tried removing telepathy, nothing good really happened so I reinstalled it.

(Took a good guess to figure out the command to get it back)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast