Thread: Wine command help

Beans

Wine command help

I installed Microsoft Office through playonlinux (now I never have any reason to ever go to windows for anything but gaming lol) and I moved it onto my dock, Avant Window Navigator with the command
    Code:
    env WINEPREFIX="/home/darris/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2007" wine start /Unix /home/darris/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2007/dosdevices/c:/users/darris/Start\ Menu/Programs/Microsoft\ Office/Microsoft\ Office\ Word\ 2007.lnk
    And it works just fine, so when I wanted the documents that used to open under Open Office to open in Word, I just copied and pasted that command.
    However, that command obviously just opens up a blank Word document.

My question is this: what do I have to add to that command so that it will open up the document that I'm pointing at in Word?
    Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Wine command help

Thread moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

PlayOnLinux makes it a real pain in the backside to do what you're wanting to do. If you install things with Wine, they will show up as a choice to open files with what you have installed. But we're not so lucky with things installed with PlayOnLinux.

A couple of weeks ago, I made a HowTo explaining what you're wanting to do.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forestpiskie View Post
    Thread moved to Wine.
    oooh, sorry, I didn't even know there was an area just for wine.