Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Lynx Flash update today not working. Version 11.2.202

Beans

Re: Flash update today not working.

Bandaid solution-

Extract libflashplayer.so (11.1.102.55) from file downloaded at http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ux-18853.shtml

Move libflashplayer.so to folder usr/lib/flashplugin-installer

Worked on the chromium, firefox, seamonkey, midori

Beans

you can download older flash versions from here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

in my case downloaded flash player 11.1.102.63 (174MB) its a zip that contains all plugins for all 32 and 64 bit systems with windows, mac, linux, solaris OS's

the README file lists wich file/archive is for what plattaform, in my case /fp_11.1.102.63_archive/11_1r102_63_32bit/flashplayer11_1r102_63_linux.i386.tar.gz wich contains libflashplayer.so.

located all files libflashplayer.so in my hard disk and replaced them with the downloaded one, requires administrator privileges to replace (sudo nautilus)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Donaldson View Post
    Bandaid solution-

Extract libflashplayer.so (11.1.102.55) from file downloaded at http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utili...ux-18853.shtml

Brilliant. This worked for chromium and firefox on my 10.05 LTS/old Nvidia system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cuyo01 View Post

Thank you, works like a charm.

I just copied the plugin to the "$HOME/.mozilla/plugins" directory. Surprisingly this works for chromium too not just firefox.

Beans

in my case downloaded flash player 11.1.102.63 (174MB) its a zip that contains all plugins for all 32 and 64 bit systems with windows, mac, linux, solaris OS's

the README file lists wich file/archive is for what plattaform, in my case /fp_11.1.102.63_archive/11_1r102_63_32bit/flashplayer11_1r102_63_linux.i386.tar.gz wich contains libflashplayer.so.

located all files libflashplayer.so in my hard disk and replaced them with the downloaded one, requires administrator privileges to replace (sudo nautilus)
    Thanks cuyo01, your advice worked for me. I simply replaced libflashplayer.so located in /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/ with the libflashplayer.so from the archive, flashplayer11_1r102_63_linux.i386.tar.gz, that you described. Flash is now working again for me on both Firefox and Chromium.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Same issues as others. Most videos from other sources and even ads that precede YouTube videos were fine, but YouTube videos themselves had smurf people and other totally wrong colors. Flash settings would freeze the settings dialog box and all flash controls, so I could not uncheck hardware acceleration or do anything else with the video other than close the browser.

Not sure if 64-bit 11.10 still uses 32-bit flash with wrapper, but whatever it is from ubuntu-restricted-extras had just updated itself today along with some transitional package.

I used Synaptic to totally remove flashplugin-installer and something else related to flash and manually installed newest same version 64-bit flash using the four-square tar.gz file from Adobe. Still had smurfs after unchecking hardware acceleration until I closed Firefox and opened it again. Then YouTube videos looked fine.

PC is in my sig with nvidia DVI to HDMI connected 32" HDTV.
    i5 650 3.2 GHz upgraded to i7 870, 16 GB 1333 RAM, nvidia GTX 1060, 32" 1080p & assorted older computers

Beans

Bandaid solution-

It works for me too !
    a BIG BIG tanks !!!

Beans

I'm getting the same "Smurf effect" as everyone else.

What's interesting is the small preview in Youtube. Move the cursor along the bottom of the video's play line and a small courtesy preview appears with the correct colours.

I can't wait... I really cannot wait for Flash to die and finally be replaced by something that's properly optimized. It's lack of optimization is what kept it off the iPod and iPhone.

If you're doing it from the command line, use THIS address:

Code:
    /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer
    If you're replacing the file using Nautilus, the correct command is:

Code:
    gksudo nautilus
    and enter your password.
    Last edited by BobSongs; March 31st, 2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added a leading / to the path.

Beans

Thank cuyo01, your solution worked for me as well.

I also want to add, for anyone out there who may be searching for a solution, this caused HuluDesktop to stop working for me. If I ran it on the command line, it would report "Illegal Instruction"

It is set up on my MythTV FrontEnd, so I was surprised when Hulu Desktop was working just fine one day and then stopped the next (due to an automatic update).

Has anyone filed a bug report about this? Is it limited to older releases, or certain graphics cards?

For the record, I'm running Mythbuntu 10.10 (Maverick). I have an older graphics card: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200], with the closed-source NVIDIA driver (version 173). Probably time I upgraded Ubuntu (if not the entire computer).

- Ben

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bandaid solution-

I can't seem to find that folder anywhere on my system.

By the way, I use Chromium, should that make a difference?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast