After spending 10.000 years on getting my soundcard working on 10.04 (mostly searching for information about how to enable it) I would like to write a small guide on how I just did it on 12.04.
- Add the medibuntu repository.
- Install the alsa-firmware, i.e. in a terminal, run.Code:sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install alsa-firmware
- Restart the computer.
- In a terminal, run.Code:alsa-mixer
- Arrow left/right until you find <Clock In>.
- Arrow up/down to select 44100 (default is 48000).
Should probably work on 10.04 as well, but I can not confirm this as I mixed up my system there by double installing different alsa-firmware versions and so on...