E: Unable to locate package libkadm5clnt-mit7
    E: Unable to locate package libkadm5srv-mit7
    E: Unable to locate package libkdb5-4

I searched for these packages and found them on this page:

http://packages.debian.org/source/squeeze/krb5

How can I get them now?

Beans

Re: "E: Unable to locate package" error

Maybe those packages are only available in the Debian repos. I may be wrong though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans

the packages in the Ubuntu repos are newer versions
    Code:
    tye@T:~$ aptitude search kadm
    p   libheimdal-kadm5-perl                                                                             - Perl module to administer a Heimdal Kerberos KDC                                                           
    p   libkadm5clnt-mit8                                                                                 - MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Administration Clients                                                    
    p   libkadm5clnt7-heimdal                                                                             - Heimdal Kerberos - kadmin client library                                                                   
    p   libkadm5srv-mit8                                                                                  - MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - KDC and Admin Server                                                      
    p   libkadm5srv8-heimdal                                                                              - Libraries for Heimdal Kerberos                                                                             
    tye@T:~$ aptitude search kdb
    p   kdbg                                                                                              - graphical debugger interface                                                                               
    p   libdevel-ptkdb-perl                                                                               - Perl debugger using a Tk GUI                                                                               
    p   libkdb5-5                                                                                         - MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Kerberos database                                                         
    tye@T:~$

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It may be easier to tell us what you intend to achieve. Additionally, what mirrors are you using? I assume that you got the package names from a tutorial, but was this a tutorial based on Ubuntu? Package names can differ between Linux distributions.

Beans

Hi. I am following a tutorial and I have to install a lot of packages but only these three make a problem.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HiImTye View Post
    the packages in the Ubuntu repos are newer versions
    Code:
    tye@T:~$ aptitude search kadm
    p   libheimdal-kadm5-perl                                                                             - Perl module to administer a Heimdal Kerberos KDC                                                           
    p   libkadm5clnt-mit8                                                                                 - MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Administration Clients                                                    
    p   libkadm5clnt7-heimdal                                                                             - Heimdal Kerberos - kadmin client library                                                                   
    p   libkadm5srv-mit8                                                                                  - MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - KDC and Admin Server                                                      
    p   libkadm5srv8-heimdal                                                                              - Libraries for Heimdal Kerberos                                                                             
    tye@T:~$ aptitude search kdb
    p   kdbg                                                                                              - graphical debugger interface                                                                               
    p   libdevel-ptkdb-perl                                                                               - Perl debugger using a Tk GUI                                                                               
    p   libkdb5-5                                                                                         - MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Kerberos database                                                         
    tye@T:~$
    i am installing the newer versions as you indicated and will try if things work with them. thanks