Thread: Unity acting up?

Beans

Unity acting up?

I have Ubuntu 11.10 with Unity. All of the sudden my windows decorations decide they're going to disappear(this has been an ongoing issue since I installed Emerald), I don't use Emerald now, I use the GTK windows decorations. Anyway, I was just simply browsing around and talking to my fiancee on Pidgin and my windows decorations disappear, except this time I can't do anything, can't bring up a terminal to fix it or anything. So shut down my computer, turn it back on and log-in.. Still, no borders, no ability to bring up a terminal or anything to fix the issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Unity acting up?

I had a similar issue. I had my pictures I was using for backgrounds and whatnot on a separate hard drive. When the computer would reboot, that drive wouldn't be mounted. I would literally have to go to nautilus and look at something on that other drive for the computer to ever look over there, too. Might try moving your graphics to your home folder. This may not be your specific problem. If not, then I am sorry. It is, however, something that came to mind.

Scott

winh8r is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Unity acting up?

You can try

Code:
    unity --reset
    In the terminal.

This will get everything back to defaults.

Hope this helps.