Thread: It's good to be back again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

It's good to be back again!

Good afternoon!

After a loooooooong hiatus, I am once again back in the Free Software saddle. On Friday evening, I had the opportunity to purchase a Lenovo Z570 Ideapad. It isn't a particularly powerful machine, but it works beautifully under Ubuntu!

Is the LoCo team still active? I haven't seen e-mail traffic from the team in a very long time. Are groups still getting together in the IRC channel?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: It's good to be back again!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinista View Post
    Good afternoon!

After a loooooooong hiatus, I am once again back in the Free Software saddle. On Friday evening, I had the opportunity to purchase a Lenovo Z570 Ideapad. It isn't a particularly powerful machine, but it works beautifully under Ubuntu!

Is the LoCo team still active? I haven't seen e-mail traffic from the team in a very long time. Are groups still getting together in the IRC channel?
    Man, it's been all around dead...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey, welcome back. You will notice that Ubuntu installs and runs much better. More things work right away. Some things will automagically fix themselves after after a few updates - like graphics cards.

IRC is still very active. I have just started to experimenting with them myself. Xchat is the GUI IRC client I use for the latest ubuntu. I connect to freenode and the 3 main Ubuntu channels are: #ubuntu, #ubuntu-beginners, #ubuntuforums. -- #ubuntuforums is mostly for social chat. The others are for technical help mostly.

I don't know about your local groups, - I'm in Florida.

Here is a good place to refresh your IRC skills. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat
    See ya later.
    Last edited by BLOODBANKER; June 5th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Re: It's good to be back again!

I missed ya'all. I have been babysitting with two lunatics and a baby in a 2 room apartment and I finally got into a house with one roommate who is a college student and great with hardware. In fact he rebuilt this computer. Can we meet sometime on IRC?
    I am not very good at the actual organization stuff but with Unity and so forth we should be able to find some lifeblood for this group. How do you like 12.04 so far?
    Write back soon, Windwalker

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hey everyone! I likewise have been out for a long time... had to move across the state and am working on getting settled back in. I am now a bit SouthWest of St. Louis about 1.5 hours.

Anyhow, I am slowing trying to get back into things. Will probably have to stick with forums and such for now as I don't have a consistent internet connection at the house right now.

Catch you all later!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Oh hey, I remember this place. I was briefly a member... but I kind of gave up when everyone was told that Loco Teams were supposed to only be loosely organized, or something like that. Has anything changed with the Loco stuff since I was here around 2007?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

We are in theory still active. I have been away and my responsibilities and resources limit my participation. I am looking for volunteers btw. MoLoCo took a big hit when we went beyond 10.04 and the classic Gnome shell and things are slowly picking up again. I am still the team contact person and if you need anything let me know. I normally try to schedule a meeting on Thursday around 7pm on IRC chat. Write back and wee are always looking for volunteers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm still around and using Ubuntu in St. Louis!