Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Application for Ubuntu Membership: Effenberg0x0

Beans

Re: Application for Ubuntu Membership: Effenberg0x0

A definite +1 from me.

I've not come across you much in the forums where I'm most active, but I do appreciate that a lot of testing goes in to every new release to make it as bug free as possible before launch.
    I also understand that it's often a thankless task, especially when a vocal minority are unhappy with changes.

However, looking at the work you've put in, I'm glad there are people like you on board and I think you absolutely deserve membership.
    Can't think of anything profound or witty.
    My Blog: http://gonzothegeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by spynappels View Post
    A definite +1 from me.

I've not come across you much in the forums where I'm most active, but I do appreciate that a lot of testing goes in to every new release to make it as bug free as possible before launch.
    I also understand that it's often a thankless task, especially when a vocal minority are unhappy with changes.

However, looking at the work you've put in, I'm glad there are people like you on board and I think you absolutely deserve membership.
    Thanks Spynappels! You nailed it 100%: The hardest moments I had in the testing community were when dealing with a few uninformed and sometimes very abrasive group of inconsiderate users, who practically blamed us for every new feature (specially those that changed Ubuntu GUI) or bug. And sometimes each of us has to struggle to keep it cool and polite and continue to do what we are supposed to do: test software, whatever it looks like. It's not easy... I couldn't help getting mad a couple times. But the big thing here for me was when I realized that as typically lone testers gradually become regulars, start to feel as members of a group, get to know each other better and develop friendly relationships within the team, effectively supporting and appreciating each other work, overcoming such moments becomes easier.

The challenge I put myself to is to make sure any future changes to the testing landscape focuses on building, protecting and empowering supportive testing communities, not simply gathering as many lone testers as possible.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

You have my support.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Most definitely a big +1 from me!

Beans
    Distro

Thank you for your support Irihapeti and wildmanne39!

Regards,
    Effenberg

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro

After reading your posts, your wiki and learning a bit about the U+1 team by following links in your posts I can say you get a strong +1 from me.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cprofitt View Post
    After reading your posts, your wiki and learning a bit about the U+1 team by following links in your posts I can say you get a strong +1 from me.
    Thank you for your support cprofitt!

Actually, this is a happy coincidence. I've been wanting to talk to you. I have also hosted a session in this last UDW and your session caught my attention back then. IMO it was a more realistic approach that affected QA-Centric activities greatly. Last week I read your session again and printed that diagram you made
    If possible, I'd like to talk to you, get some other people to know your vision. Please, Let me know via PM if you would be willing to have a chat with me and some other people on IRC sometime next week. I'll give you details of what I have in my mind.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

After reading your application -- I suddenly feel very small within these forums.

Good luck with your application. Not that it means much but I'd give you a +1, but if you check, I'm really a nobody around here with no connections and pull no weight. Take it for what's its worth.

Good luck with your future endeavors. I'm always glad to see people like you contributing.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    After reading your application -- I suddenly feel very small within these forums.
    Come one, don't be like that
    Good luck with your application. Not that it means much but I'd give you a +1, but if you check, I'm really a nobody around here with no connections and pull no weight. Take it for what's its worth.
    It means a lot actually! The difference between Proprietary software and FOSS is the existence of a community. For a community to exist, everyone should matter. Most of the people I have as true friends here are ordinary users.

About "being a nobody with no connections", you just haven't found something in this community that motivates you to fight for. I'm a no one too. Then one day I decided I was gonna change a couple things and started emailing people I hadn't ever been introduced to. 90% haven't ever answered, probably laughed But a couple did. I think everyone eventually gets to a moment in which they decide to go out of their comfort zone and do something different. When you feel motivated enough to do it, you'll do it. I have no doubts about it.
    Good luck with your future endeavors. I'm always glad to see people like you contributing.
    Thanks for supporting my application, and it *does* mean a lot

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu Forums - Reply to Topic

Thank you for supporting my application!

Regards,
    Effenberg
    Last edited by effenberg0x0; March 24th, 2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: removed quoted spam

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast