Thread: Audacity on ubuntui

Beans

Audacity on ubuntui

I made about 100 files from C-90 cassette tapes. Now I want to edit the files and get the final versions ready to place on the web. I want to make a "DONE" directory to place the final versions in, but I can't see how to create that directory.

Some directories make it easy to create a new directory: there is while space on the files list and clicking on that gives you a new directory choice. Some pages have a create directory button to click.

However my file list has NO while space to click on, and NO option I can find to create a new directory. How does that work?

This is driving me crazy!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: Audacity on ubuntui

Easily done in a terminal
    Code:
    mkdir ~/DONE
    I'm not sure what "files list" and "pages" refers to, nor what they might have to do with Audacity?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You can switch from 'list' to 'icons' mode in most file browsers. Try the 'View' menu (alt-v), and make sure the directory you create is inside your home folder.

Beans
    Hidden!

Even in list view with a full window you can use the keyboard combination ctrl+shift+n to make a new folder. As soon as it appears it is ready to edit the title, just type in the name and press enter to accept the name and again to open the folder.

If you are exporting directly from audacity the export file window has a "create folder" button on the top right of the window. See screenshot attached, though I suspect your problem is with the list view in nautilus (just in case )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome.

In Nautilus: File>Create Folder???

I am a bit confused by the explanation though, sorry.

PS: Audacity does work fine in Windows also ...
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; March 16th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.