Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 12th - Policing of Internet Traffic Begins

winh8r is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: July 12th - Policing of Internet Traffic Begins

Strange though how some "big sites" are concerned about copyright yet certain "big search engines" still provide links to certain "sites" that host torrents and "illegally uploaded files". No one knocking on their door and limiting their bandwidth to dial up speed is there?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by winh8r View Post
    Strange though how some "big sites" are concerned about copyright yet certain "big search engines" still provide links to certain "sites" that host torrents and "illegally uploaded files". No one knocking on their door and limiting their bandwidth to dial up speed is there?
    That is due to the meta-tags and spider bots. I think the feds should knock on search engine doors and tell them to literally turn off spider bots and meta indexing if it continues to be a problem.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I once heard it said that sexually transmissible diseases could be eradicated from the planet if everyone on Earth abstained from sex at the same time for just six weeks. The theory behind this is that most diseases produce symptoms in a few weeks, and if affected persons were to seek medical attention, they could be treated and cured before they pass their disease to someone else.

Likewise, the solution with recording industry abuses of the legal process and hijacking government for their private purposes is quite simple (though probably unachievable in practice): Don't purchase, rent, or download any movie, music CD, or music MP3 file for a year. I can certainly survive without consuming any of the materials being produced by the recording industry, but it's a sure bet that the RIAA couldn't survive even six months if their sales crashed. I shut off my satellite television service nearly five years ago, so I know it can be done; I don't even miss watching television now!
    IBM ThinkCentre 3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 µP, 1.5GB RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA drive.
    I support Idea #23505.
    "A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows." — St. Francis of Assisi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12