Thread: Webcam: audio and video work separately, but not together

Beans
    Hidden!

Webcam: audio and video work separately, but not together

I have a Logitech c525 webcam. It's a uvc webcam and should work out of the box. If I use cheese or some other program to look at the video, it works fine. If I open gnome-sound-recorder and record audio from the built in microphone, it works fine. But if I have the video streaming and try to use the microphone (e.g. on Skype), the sound is all static. Note this is not a Skype issue. If I open cheese to show the video and try to record audio with gnome-sound-recorder, there is static in the recording.

Basically, whenever the video output is being used, the sound is all scratchy and static-y.

Other info: I'm using Maveric (10.10). I've tried the Maverick kernel (2.6.35) and the Natty kernel (2.6.38 ) . I can't try kernel 3.x because of my video driver.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Webcam: audio and video work separately, but not together

For future reference, the problem must have had something to do with the combination of this webcam and the motherboard or onboard sound. I tried the webcam in another computer running the same version of Ubuntu and it worked perfectly. Ultimately, my solution was to get a different webcam, which works fine.