Thread: 1 post • Page 1 of 1 In Cinnamon Windows, workspaces, and theme options all missing

Beans

1 post • Page 1 of 1 In Cinnamon Windows, workspaces, and theme options all missing

I install cinnamon on linux mint 12 via Synaptic and whenever I log in to cinnamon, it loads and the bottom panel works, but the overview, or shell thing is just a blank screen. it comes up when I mouse in the corner or click the infinity symbol but it doesnt have any options or workspaces.
    Heres a screenshot:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/76084676@N02/6834076584/
    with a window open :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/76084676@N02/6980204193/
    Please help bc cinnamon desktop looks very promising
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; March 14th, 2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added prefix

Re: 1 post • Page 1 of 1 In Cinnamon Windows, workspaces, and theme options all missi

not to nitpick, but this should be posted over in the mint forums. cinnamon is a custom de created by the mint team, and they are the one who provide support for it.

Beans

Re: 1 post • Page 1 of 1 In Cinnamon Windows, workspaces, and theme options all missi

I have this same post on the mint forums, but they have been unresponsive. there is a lot larger user base here and I figured I'd get a helpful reply faster here. I was half right.

Beans

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and have the same problem with Cinnamon. The bottom panel is there - with Firefox and Thunderbird but I can't open them.
    Any ideas, please?
    Thanks
    Reg