Thread: Need help configuring all Internet connections to use a proxy server

Beans

Need help configuring all Internet connections to use a proxy server

Recently, someone from a Chatango room I frequent got my IP address and has been doing DoS attacks on me, and I actually had to call my ISP and get them to change my IP. I've gotten some proxy servers I can use and I've configured Firefox to use them, but unfortunately, Chatango rooms use Flash, and the Adobe Flash plugin for Ubuntu (which is the one I'm using) uses your main Internet connection, rather than going through the Proxy that's specified for Firefox. So what this means is the proxy is basically useless for me. I've verified that when I go into the chatroom, my actual IP is the one that's being used, and not that of the proxy server.

So I was wondering if there's any way to configure all Internet traffic to use the proxy server, rather than just configuring Firefox to do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Need help configuring all Internet connections to use a proxy server

How about linking your Chatango room so that i can invite people to DDOS me. It is fun and you never know you just met anonymous or LUlzsec.

Beans

Sounds like you need a transparent proxy.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NadirPoint View Post
    Sounds like you need a transparent proxy.
    Proxy does not stop DDOS or filter it out unless there is DDOS filter on the proxy server before reaching your system.

Beans

I'm aware it doesn't stop them, but I think this guy is using an exploit to get people's IPs that he won't be able to use now that he's banned. I just don't want to take any chances, so I want to use a proxy that I can easily change whenever I connect to the room.

Beans

Can you explain something else to me?

I used Network Proxy Preferences to set it to direct all protocols through the proxy I'm using (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Socks host), and applied them to be system wide, and Flash STILL connects to Chatango directly. I've tested it to make sure everything else works correctly, and it seems like it does. whatismyip.com gives me the correct IP address for the proxy and not my local IP and I've made sure Firefox is set to use the system proxy settings, instead of manual. But why does Flash still connect to the site directly?

Beans
    Distro

There are countless of FREE cgi web proxy around in which you can use it for you privacy. What you need to do is key into hyper link in the box will do. No configuration required. Otherwise you may considered to do the FREE Tor and JAP which crawl like snail.

http://hidemyass.com/
    http://www.free-web-proxy.de/
    http://proxy.my-addr.com/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Recently, someone from a Chatango room I frequent got my IP address and has been doing DoS attacks on me, and I actually had to call my ISP and get them to change my IP. I've gotten some proxy servers I can use and I've configured Firefox to use them, but unfortunately, Chatango rooms use Flash, and the Adobe Flash plugin for Ubuntu (which is the one I'm using) uses your main Internet connection, rather than going through the Proxy that's specified for Firefox. So what this means is the proxy is basically useless for me. I've verified that when I go into the chatroom, my actual IP is the one that's being used, and not that of the proxy server.

So I was wondering if there's any way to configure all Internet traffic to use the proxy server, rather than just configuring Firefox to do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    There is a reason why this guy(s) are DoS(ing) you, otherwise why would they waste time. You pissed off someone, I assume!
    You need to start using an app that I'll allow you to surf the web anonymously.