Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

That's wright ! I had made both "scons" and "scons install" as root

but I just made a new install of linuxdcpp with only "scons install" as root and that's the same : it works only if launch as root (even "sudo linuxdcpp" don't works

It hang just after connection scaning of the network. Here are the output from console :

Code:
    (linuxdcpp:15558): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

(linuxdcpp:15558): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

(linuxdcpp:15558): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

** ERROR **: file gailtreeview.c: line 3723 (traverse_cells): assertion failed: (row_path != NULL)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    Sounds like you also didn't follow the howto exactly. You run scons to compile and link it, then sudo scons install to copy the executable, pixmaps and glade files to /usr/local/. You have to have root access in order to create /usr/local/share/linuxdcpp and add files to it, hence the sudo.
    Thanks for the reply and very sorry for omitting the tiny but important "sudo"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by jlbiasini View Post
    That's wright ! I had made both "scons" and "scons install" as root

but I just made a new install of linuxdcpp with only "scons install" as root and that's the same : it works only if launch as root (even "sudo linuxdcpp" don't works

It hang just after connection scaning of the network. Here are the output from console :

Code:

(linuxdcpp:15558): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

** ERROR **: file gailtreeview.c: line 3723 (traverse_cells): assertion failed: (row_path != NULL)
    Try installing again one more time, but delete all your previous installed files ("scons -c" and "sudo scons -c install", but doublecheck the files just to confirm they are gone from your prefix).

What worries me is that last error about the gailtreeview. I've seen other people complain about it before and I am not entirely sure what causes it. See http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?fu...&group_id=2230 for the latest complaint about it and my response.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by dngpng View Post
    Thanks for the reply and very sorry for omitting the tiny but important "sudo"
    No worries. We all make mistakes.

Beans

Thanls for your help !

unfortunatly it still don't works. I've just réinstall everything and also deleted all linuxdcpp folder but it don't works. When connecting as root the scan for other user and their sharing files is nearly immediate, when running the program as user it takes 10 seconds more to catch the informations and finally hang at the end of it:

Code:
    (linuxdcpp:8914): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

(linuxdcpp:8914): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

aborting...
    Abandon (core dumped)

Beans

Ok shame on me ... I just forget to put AST off
    actually I've done it but it need a reboot to occurs

thank you so much

Beans

and if that one wont work then try the www.hublist.co.uk one
    public hublist address
    For DC++ clients newer than 0.4033 use
    http://www.hublist.co.uk/hublist.xml.bz2

For older DC client
    http://www.hublist.co.uk/hublist.config.bz2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for a great port Steven. It has improved greatly since you got involved.

When in port forward mode I can't search. Starting linuxdcpp from the terminal I get these lines:
    Thrown: SocketException: Permission denied
    Bind failed, retrying with INADDR_ANY: SocketException: Permission denied
    StartSocket (tcp): Caught "SocketException: Permission denied"
    Bind failed, retrying with INADDR_ANY: SocketException: Permission denied
    StartSocket (udp): Caught "SocketException: Permission denied"
    If I start linuxdcpp as root it works. I followed the instructions (apart from adding the debug flag) and only used sudo for the last step.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

http://www.jellykernel.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by fridaythe14th View Post
    Thanks for a great port Steven. It has improved greatly since you got involved.

When in port forward mode I can't search. Starting linuxdcpp from the terminal I get these lines:

If I start linuxdcpp as root it works. I followed the instructions (apart from adding the debug flag) and only used sudo for the last step.
    You're probably using a reserved port. Linux treats ports 0-1023 as reserved and require root access in order to modify. Set the ports you're using to > 1023 in the preferences.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast