Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install LinuxDC++

works great..thank you so much for the how to...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the tutorial.

Beans

Hi,
    I'm quite a newbie when it comes to ubuntu , but I've downloaded the .dev installation file of linuxdcpp 0.0.1 for ubuntu and installed it correctly and it works very good. All downloading, uploading and hashing works fine, but I have one problem. I can't see the hub topics anywhere. Is that not implemented in the build yet, or is there some command I should write?

Also, I don't know if it is related, but some of the PMs from bots open up in empty chat windows where I can't see what they wrote to me...

I'm thankful for any help

Peace
    /ManqueM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by ManqueM View Post
    Hi,
    I'm quite a newbie when it comes to ubuntu , but I've downloaded the .dev installation file of linuxdcpp 0.0.1 for ubuntu and installed it correctly and it works very good. All downloading, uploading and hashing works fine, but I have one problem. I can't see the hub topics anywhere. Is that not implemented in the build yet, or is there some command I should write?

Also, I don't know if it is related, but some of the PMs from bots open up in empty chat windows where I can't see what they wrote to me...

I'm thankful for any help

Peace
    /ManqueM
    You need to change the character encoding to match the hubs you are visiting. Try changing the default hub encoding in the preferences to CP1252, it's the most common encoding.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi, I have Linux DC++ installed and it connects to the hub. However, I cannot search for files unless I'm on passive. I am behind a router (which causes me similar problems on Windows with ApexDCD++) but I forwarded the ports as well as DMZed my computer (no firewall on router for this one).

But it still can't search on the regular settings. So I'm assuming IPtables is blocking it somehow (it works in Windows). So any idea?
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed Man View Post
    Hi, I have Linux DC++ installed and it connects to the hub. However, I cannot search for files unless I'm on passive. I am behind a router (which causes me similar problems on Windows with ApexDCD++) but I forwarded the ports as well as DMZed my computer (no firewall on router for this one).

But it still can't search on the regular settings. So I'm assuming IPtables is blocking it somehow (it works in Windows). So any idea?

Making a DMZ for your own computer is not needed, working with DMZ's is tricky business, check if your internal IP is the same as in windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The internal IP is the same (I have it set to place the same IP for the MAC address). And I didn't DMZ the computer, I DMZed the firewall on the router for the IP for my desktop. So the router doesn't attempt to block any connections to my desktop (my desktop is also running a firewall).
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed Man View Post

If I'm not mistaken search in active mode uses udp (iirc the port either right above/below tcp), have you taken that into account when setting your firewall rules etc.?
    Reality is what you make of it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by stoft View Post
    If I'm not mistaken search in active mode uses udp (iirc the port either right above/below tcp), have you taken that into account when setting your firewall rules etc.?
    Well, you're half right. DC++ search does use UDP, but its port isn't right above/below TCP. They don't have to use different ports, they can use the same port if you so choose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Regarding the ability for LinuxDC++ to accept and display hub-specific right-click commands, as DC++ for Windows does:
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensheehy View Post
    I don't care about such a feature so someone else will have to send a patch.
    Has anyone created such a patch?

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast