Thread: need help with online videos

Beans

need help with online videos

Hello,

I need help with online video players. I just installed ubuntu 11.10 about a week ago on my ASUS n50v. I updated everything and installed flash. everything was working fine. then the software center showed a few updates. I installed all of them. since then I cannot watch videos on some of the websites. Youtube works fine ... but videos on CNN, BBC, Facebook.... none of those work. when i click on videos on fb it says that i need to install adobe flash. when i check in the software center it says that it has already been installed.

I would really appreciate some help with this since i am a bit of a newbie when it comes to this. also i have been using mozilla and chrome and have the same problem in both.

thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: need help with online videos

hi zaydius

maybr run this in terminal see it if fixed it it is from here i too had problems on oneiric with flash at first i think i probably did this

Install Flash plugin

Install Flash browser plugin. This will install either 32 or 64-bit Flash depending on your operating system. These packages come from Canonical`s Partner repository which you activated in the step 7a).

First, remove old, unnecessary packages.

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge adobe-flashplugin flashplugin* nspluginwrapper
    Install 32 or 64-bit Flash. Answer "Y" to confirm this operation.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall adobe-flashplugin
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

winh8r is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: need help with online videos

Click on the "Help with Flash" link in my sig below and run Flash Aid, it will ensure that your flash plugins and versions are optimised for your Ubuntu/Firefox combination.

Hope this helps