Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    i was upgrading my server from ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 yesterday.

    i have vsftp set up to authenticate with a mysql database wich worked fine with ubuntu 10.04

    but now when i connect with a ftp client i get an error response from the server:

    Invalid reply: "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work"

    anonymous logins work so my guess is that the problem must be with libpam-mysql

    there is a file called libgcc_s.so.1 in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ but vsftpd doesn't seem to find it.

    any ideas for hot to fix this are very welcome.

    there is also an error showing in dmesg output:
    [70706.832118] vsftpd[18878] general protection ip:7f5e43045b07 sp:7f5e40cf0590 error:0 in libc-2.15.so[7f5e4300c000+1b1000]
    Last edited by hatsch; March 7th, 2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add dmeg output

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    Hi, same problem here. Have you solved it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    4

    Cool Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    I made the same mistake.

    So i tried to fix it by adding to

    /etc/ld.so.conf the path to libgcc_s.so.1 "
    include /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
    include /lib/
    include /lib/i386-linux-gnu/
    include /usr/lib32/
    include /lib32/
    "
    and running ldconfig

    but with no chance.

    the only ftp acoount working is my root account.

    Anybody else? have you find other options to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by hatsch View Post
    i was upgrading my server from ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 yesterday.

    i have vsftp set up to authenticate with a mysql database wich worked fine with ubuntu 10.04

    but now when i connect with a ftp client i get an error response from the server:

    Invalid reply: "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work"

    anonymous logins work so my guess is that the problem must be with libpam-mysql

    there is a file called libgcc_s.so.1 in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ but vsftpd doesn't seem to find it.

    any ideas for hot to fix this are very welcome.

    there is also an error showing in dmesg output:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    I have a solution what worked for me.

    I instaled libpam-chroot and libpam-ldap i don't know which one made it but after instalin these two packages my fileziila sayed another error something like 500 OOPS: vsftpd: refusing to run with writable root inside chroot() but this is easy to fix if you have the users in sibdirectories you will have to chmod a-w the user root directory.
    Before these two thing i made a new compile of vsftpd from their site source code. but with no chance.
    please tell me if this works on your maschine too.

    bye

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    Quote Originally Posted by compusys View Post
    I have a solution what worked for me.

    I instaled libpam-chroot and libpam-ldap i don't know which one made it but after instalin these two packages my fileziila sayed another error something like 500 OOPS: vsftpd: refusing to run with writable root inside chroot() but this is easy to fix if you have the users in sibdirectories you will have to chmod a-w the user root directory.
    Before these two thing i made a new compile of vsftpd from their site source code. but with no chance.
    please tell me if this works on your maschine too.

    bye
    By installing libpam-ldap I get the same new error as you.
    But removing write permission doesn't help so much...

    Have you tried the new vsftpd version 3.0.0?
    Last edited by rcane; April 29th, 2012 at 03:53 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    Yes i have tried.
    It helped me for a few hour now i am getting the folowing message
    553 Could not create file. when i try to upload a file.
    yesterday after installing ldap and putting vsftpd 3. it worked fine now i have upload error.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    Quote Originally Posted by compusys View Post
    Yes i have tried.
    It helped me for a few hour now i am getting the folowing message
    553 Could not create file. when i try to upload a file.
    yesterday after installing ldap and putting vsftpd 3. it worked fine now i have upload error.
    I'm pretty sure it's because you removed write access for all users: chmod a-w.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    I found why because the sub folder and folder where uploaded by my root user so it had write acess just for that user. i deleted them and recopied with secondary user and voila it is working fine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    TÜRKİYE
    Beans
    195
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    I still have same problem.
    using vsftpd 2.3.5, Ubuntu 12.10

    I also tried installing libpam-ldap, that did not help.
    And, why should I install it, I dont want any extra component such as ldap...

    anyboyd knows why ?



    kernel: vsftpd general protection ip:7f881af02ac7 sp:7f8817cf8590 error:0 in libc-2.15.so[7f881aec9000+1b2000]


    220 Welcome to vsFTPd Server,
    Name (localhost:ehcp): ftp
    331 Please specify the password.
    Password:
    libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
    Login failed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    1

    Re: vsftpd with pam mysql libgcc_s.so.1 missing

    ok. verify the user that you have in your vsftpd conf.... you must change it to www-data because this is the user that have rights to /var/www/vhosts or any other subfolders in www. Reply if it works for you..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •