Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Xfce 4.10 ppa?

Beans

Re: Xfce 4.10 ppa?

Thanks. I wasn't certain.

After I added the ppa again (I switched from vanilla Xubuntu to Voyager), 3 items were still held back, including xfce-settings and xfce-sessions.

thanks for the info.

-- Jeff

neu5eeCh is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jefsview View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't certain.

After I added the ppa again (I switched from vanilla Xubuntu to Voyager), 3 items were still held back, including xfce-settings and xfce-sessions.

thanks for the info.

-- Jeff
    Voyager is lovely. Xubuntu could stand to take a few ideas for Voyager. I also installed it and am using it. I don't know why Xubuntu feels compelled to offer such a stick-in-the-mud aesthetic.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VTPoet View Post
    Voyager is lovely. Xubuntu could stand to take a few ideas for Voyager. I also installed it and am using it. I don't know why Xubuntu feels compelled to offer such a stick-in-the-mud aesthetic.
    Yes, it's really lovely. Even though I deleted Awn and synapse, I love the number of different conkys they have, and a nice assortment of pre-configured Thunar scripts (even though I had to rename them in English). It is a bit heavier than vanilla Xubuntu, but it also has a wider selection of default tweaks and customization that raises the elegance factor.

I'll be upgrading Xfce to 4.10 before I head out to work this afternoon. Looking forward to the new deskbar!

-- Jeff
    Last edited by jefsview; May 7th, 2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: back to topic

Beans

All right, the upgrade went well.

Some items didn't work at first with just an in-place upgrade of installed components. Then I went into Synaptic and looked over options, and, duh -- I forgot to install the Xfce 4 meta package. That upgraded the previous held packages and now all works as expected.

-- Jeff

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Anyone having problems with indicator-messages? To be precise, no icon change on new mail in Thunderbird? It does recognise when TB is running and is able to start it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345