Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen Handy in awhile?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Anyone seen Handy in awhile?

I'm always liked hearing Handy's take on things -- a very unique perpective to say the least. I haven't seen him in a while? Anyone have any news of his disapperance?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Anyone seen Handy in awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    I'm always liked hearing Handy's take on things -- a very unique perpective to say the least. I haven't seen him in a while? Anyone have any news of his disapperance?
    Handy's doing fine... I haven't seen him round here lately, but he's one of the regulars over at http://www.spiralinear.org/forum/

Cheers!

Beans

I was wondering same thing others seem to have gone missing to,like nightwishfan,spice weasel.thought that space ship swooped them up.good too know Handys OK

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I think that sometimes people just stop visiting a forum for no particular reason. They might also stop due to the focus of the forum being something the no longer want to use, or even a disagreement with moderators.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlinzzz View Post
    I was wondering same thing others seem to have gone missing to,like nightwishfan,spice weasel.thought that space ship swooped them up.good too know Handys OK
    Message by a member told me that Nightwishfan quit the forum,so one mystery left spice weasel.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    I think that sometimes people just stop visiting a forum for no particular reason.
    Not always the case, many leave silently without kicking up a fuss about things. Many people have left in this manner.

@kevdog, you have PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Spice weasel, won't be back either.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I think that sometimes people just stop visiting a forum for no particular reason. They might also stop due to the focus of the forum being something the no longer want to use, or even a disagreement with moderators.
    Part of it probably has to do with the staff cracking down on types of Cafe conversations that we used to get away with. If you're not using Ubuntu, and they're tightening up on the ability to have interesting conversations, it gives a lot less incentive to come here.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Spice weasel, won't be back either.
    Missed that one when it happened..ouch!!
    I kind of miss those OMGPP days!

Beans

Well, speaking only for myself, this is very accurate. I left places like Slashdot and Digg for what I will politely describe as "those sort of reasons".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast