CPU Temperature Jumps Up After Standby
I recently got an applet called sensors-applet working to show, among other things, my CPU temperature. The temperature actually come from libsensors.
This works fine until I return from standby after which it reports the temperature to be around 60C (idle). This is about double what it should be (its liquid cooled).
Couple of things to mention:
- The standby is the type where the computer shuts off power to everything that's not required to keep it alive, I think its called S3(STR)
- I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 (Gnome GUI)
- None of the other temperature readings are affected though they don't come from libsensors.
- I have a Pentium D which is a dual core. Is it some how adding the temperatures of both?
- If I hibernate or restart the system it reports the temperature correctly again.
- If I standby the system multiple times it stays at double.
- It appears to be offset rather than wrong, aka if I load the CPU it rises by the expected amount.
Any help or thoughts are appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Tags for this Thread