Thread: how to brows network in 11.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

how to brows network in 11.10?

How do I brows my local network? When i type 'Nätverk or network, depending on languesh a symbol similar to 'Places --> Network', appear, but when I click, it's just a configuration thing.
    /Azyx

Ubuntu 16.04LTS 64bit, 16.04 Lubuntu 32-bit on eeePCs and OSX on a G4 800MHz iMac (iLamp). I think I have an W7 on one of my Virtualbox machine under 16.04LTS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: how to brows network in 11.10?

If you have shared files, it will show up as samba is installed by default, if you wish to share files, right click on folder/file and enable share and samba share files will be downloaded and installed and restart your session and you will see all shares.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: how to brows network in 11.10?

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxisfast View Post
    If you have shared files, it will show up as samba is installed by default, if you wish to share files, right click on folder/file and enable share and samba share files will be downloaded and installed and restart your session and you will see all shares.
    No it does not, if you don't have a DNS-server on you local net. I changes from using my router as DNS (Use another DNS on internet), so I have to add my hosts in /etc/hosts otherwise I need to add IP-adress. But after that nothing appear if I don't brows network. But it work now /Cheers
    /Azyx

Ubuntu 16.04LTS 64bit, 16.04 Lubuntu 32-bit on eeePCs and OSX on a G4 800MHz iMac (iLamp). I think I have an W7 on one of my Virtualbox machine under 16.04LTS?