Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dapper shipit cds arrival thread

Beans

Dapper shipit cds arrival thread

Ok, lets use this thread to track the shipit for the orders for dapper. Post here if your cds arrive, and your location. Also, post pics if possible of the cds.

So far, i don't believe anyone has recieved them
    I ordered 10 ubuntu 10 kubuntu and 5 edubuntu cds, and live in basking ridge, no sign of the cds yet. I also preordered them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Dapper shipit cds arrival thread

Quote Originally Posted by dmb
    Ok, lets use this thread to track the shipit for the orders for dapper. Post here if your cds arrive, and your location. Also, post pics if possible of the cds.

I ordered 10 ubuntu 10 kubuntu and 5 edubuntu cds, and live in basking ridge, no sign of the cds yet. I also preordered them.
    Many people haven't recieved them because thousands of people have ordered them. People with slow internet/no internet and people planning to use them in offices and etc. ordered them so there is a huge demand. The cds usually take 4-6 weeks to ship but since so many orders are in it might take 4-8 weeks.

Beans

Yes, so far i think its only been 1 or 1.5 weeks. I mainly use them for distributing them to friends, who think there shipit cds are more profesional than burned ones.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I ordered 5 ubuntu and 5 kubuntu about 2 days after dapper released. (1 for backup and 4 to give to friends)

Beans

I ordered 5 Ubuntu and 5 Kubuntu in the first day preordering was active (i guess 20 may or so) and they didn't arrive yet.

Beans
    Hidden!

this is hawaii... just like with the last 2 releases, i'll get them after the next version is released
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I ordered about 10 of each over here all three to be on the safe side for the intel X86 instead of the usual intel Power PC and the 64 bit versio. TO make it simpler to get it for myself. I still have plenty of the older ones here for the others to try and do a live update to Dapper.

Compucore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: Dapper shipit cds arrival thread

Quote Originally Posted by dmb

Did you think that you should have recieved them by now or something..??

They only started shipping like a week or so ago..
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    Registered Linux user #419240.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

ShipIt says mine were sent to the shipping company on May 30. If they take as long as the Breezy Cds to arrive, they will arrive next week sometime. But I wont be that lucky.

RavenOfOdin Guest

I ordered 10 CD's on an old address in Florida. eek

About five days later I re-ordered with correct address, its been about a week now and they haven't come.

Didn't expect them to. Its gonna take a while.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast