Thread: Periodic solutions obtained from auto 2000 bifurcation and continuation software

Beans

Periodic solutions obtained from auto 2000 bifurcation and continuation software

Hi,

I am having a doubt regarding how to interpret the "periodic solutions" I obtain from AUTO 2000 bifurcation software.

As I vary a system parameter, I had obtained periodic solutions (period given = 2 pi).
    My system is similar to the "frc" demo.

Now when I do the plots, auto shows 2pi periodicity.

But when I use the same initial conditions for a corresponding parameter value and do the time integration in MATLAB (using the ode45 solver) I do not get the same orbit. Its distorted a bit.

Can anyone familiar with the AUTO's working to find periodic solutions kindly explain me what is the difference between AUTO's result and that with MATLAB?

P.S- (I know that AUTO does time integration scaled down to [0,1] range. But at least within this range I was expecting MATLAB to give same plot.)

Beans

Re: Periodic solutions obtained from auto 2000 bifurcation and continuation software

Have I posted this in the wrong forum?! I am posting in the programming forum too. If anyone has got any clue kindly give me a hint at least. thank you.