Thread: Noscript problems with Firefox 10.0.2

Beans

Noscript problems with Firefox 10.0.2

Hello,
    Ever since I upgraded to firefox 10.0.2, I can't watch videos with youtube (it just shows up as a black screen); when I put noscript on "allow scripts globally," and reload the page, it still doesn't show the videos. But when I go to "add-ons" and disable noscript, I can watch videos. Why would that be? Will I have to stop using noscript to watch videos?
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Noscript problems with Firefox 10.0.2

It is probably a bug in NoScript. Instead of stopping using it, go to the developer web site and report the bug, so they can fix it.

http://noscript.net/

You can also try a development version at: https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-br/fir...ript/versions/

Beans

Thanks, good idea. I tried the development version but it didn't work either. I posted to the noscript site:
    http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8235

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I also use NoScript with Firefox 10 but I don't have any issues with anything, least of all youtube. I think this issue might be a conflict between no script and another add on you have.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by DeathShot View Post
    I also use NoScript with Firefox 10 but I don't have any issues with anything, least of all youtube. I think this issue might be a conflict between no script and another add on you have.
    That is possible indeed. Disable all other add-ons to see if the problem persists.

Beans

hi, I tried this-- disabling all my other add-ons and restarting firefox-- but the problem persists. Any other ideas?
    I forgot to say, I have ubuntu 10.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I was working on 10.10 with Firefox 10 an no script yesterday, it worked fine still. Did you try removing no script and reinstalling it? I don't think it would do anything but it /might/ fix your issue, you never know. Also check your no script settings, it could be that it is blocking all flash objects. Youtube uses scripts to display the video but the video it self is flash which is not JS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Have you tried reinstalling Firefox? Or backpedaling to the previous version? Also do you have the latest version of flash installed? Just trying to cover the basics here.