Thread: How to make a Windows 7 iso bootable

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question How to make a Windows 7 iso bootable

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to burnng CD's and DVD's but I managed to rip a Windows 7 DVD to my hard drive succesfully.

I then made a copy of it and added an autounattended.xml file to it because I intend on creating my own set of recovery DVD's for a laptop.

I've added the iso succesfully but now I'm stuck on the part where I have to make the iso bootable. I have no clue what to do under Ubuntu. Ended up with ISO Master but I'm not sure why it insists that there is no boot image on the original ISO because there should be. (I was hoping it could "transfer" it to my newly made ISO but alas.)

So my question is: How do I make this ISO bootable so that I can run it like I would any other Windows 7 DVD?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: How to make a Windows 7 iso bootable

check if u have start-up disk creator installed or get it from software center. just follow on screen instructions. u'll need a pendrive to mount it. alternatively, just burn it on a dvd, its relatively hassle free.

Beans

Personally I use unetbootin for making bootable usb drive, works with all linux distro's and Windows perfectly fine, plus unetbootin is available on Windows or Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd really like to create a DVD but that doesn't seem possible with Unetbootin.

When I try to point Make Startup Disk to another iso, it just snaps back a ubuntu ISO I have in my Downloads folder. Any particular reason as to why it does that?