Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

@Niccola it worked great. I have tried many solutions that I found on the net but only this one worked for me. With others solution after reboot I always got to 'Low Graphic Mode' where no fix that I tried helped and I ultimately got stucked each time. Well this one worked, so thank you for that.

Dell Vostro 3560 on Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit: Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM CPU, Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics / AMD Radeon HD 7670M.
    HDMI tested on AMD card only - works good only for single monitor mode, only laptop or only external. If both monitors are turned-on weird graphic bug - not usable in mirror or side-by-side mode. Just nothing works good if both displays are ON, in single monitor mode all is good, picture and sound working fine. Yes and HDMI Sound is working good on external.

Sorry for not testing Intel graphic - I just don't dare to . This is my production machine so I need it running, sorry

Almost forgot, I used latest AMD stable 13.4 driver. Did all steps as described for 64-bit, only had one issue when trying to install Intel Graphic Driver, got missing dependacy for soem ttf fonts, so just installed that and next time I tried Intel Driver went smooth. Had no issues, errors or anything in the rest of the process.

Once more thanks Niccola
    Last edited by acapop77; September 23rd, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Beans

Nicola worked for my system: Ubuntu 13.04 / Lenovo IP y470p (i5 Sandy, HD 7690m), used beta2 driver from AMD, had to do step 2.3 before 2.2 because it was getting some update errors.
    Many thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Niccola View Post
    Please everyone with Intel+AMD Hybrid Graphic cards READ this:

As many installation instructions available on the web, it's difficult do find out the best procedure to install Intel+AMD Hybrid cards and put them to work flawlessly. Due to this, I made a lot of research and I've built my own procedure for this installation on Linux Systems. I've tested it on Ubuntu based systems 13.04+ (Xubuntu, Linux Mint 15 and Stock Ubuntu) and worked very well. 13.8 beta 1 driver used, please try by your own other drivers and post results.
    Thanks. I can switching between Intel and AMD cards without problem. Perfect!

• Dell Inspiron 7520 (15R SE) Intel HD 4000, AMD 7730M, HDMI Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested, VGA Intel/AMD: not tested/not tested

Beans

@Niccola
    Thanks for the guide. It's the only one that got me so far. Sadly I still have some problems.

System
    Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring)

Driver
    amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.zip

Hardware:
    MSI ge700
    Intel Core i5 430M - Intel HD Graphics
    mobile Radeon HD 5730

Result:
    Not using amdconfig generated Xorg.conf file is breaking the Unity and only desktop shows up after login.
    Using amdconfig generated Xorg.conf file causes "The system is running in low-graphics" mode and reports in Xorg log file that there are no devices detected / no screens found.
    Last edited by griz2; October 3rd, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I tried doing this on a MacBook Pro 8,2. Don't do that... :S
    After completing all the steps, I get to a point where the graphics stack is ill configured, and X won't start. FGLRX will attempt to kill itself or in some cases kill initramfs, which causes a kernel panic. But that isn't the biggest problem...
    Same here (nearly).
    i tried this on a MacBook Pro 8,3 (same hardware as the MacBook Pro 8,2 except 17-inch) and got nearly the same result...
    i've been trying to install the Radeon proprietary drivers for other reasons (don't really care about the intel chip, i just need to run the AMD proprietary driver in order to run X-Plane)
    If anyone's got any ideas for me, i'd be greatly appreciative!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by petersphilo; October 4th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Beans

@Niccola: You're just awesome buddy!! Now I've got completely switchable AMD/Intel GPUs on my laptop.

Device: HP Pavilion dv6-6180SE Entertainment Notebook
    Config: Intel Core i7-2670QM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    Kernel: Linux 3.5.0-41-generic
    Driver: amd-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64

One tiny issue though. The Intel drivers don't seem to support Linux kernels above 3.9. I tried install the Intel drivers with Kernel 3.11.1 and the installer kept showing that the OS was not supported. However, it worked perfectly when I reverted back to 3.5.0.

Beans

@Niccola: Unfortunately, not a single intel driver works with 12.04 LTS.
    Checking if Intel graphics card available... OKRetrieving information from 01.org... OK
    Checking distribution... Failed
    EDIT:

It looks like that after about ten tries with plenty of other advice, your guide finally worked for installing the AMD drivers. There is still nothing showing up in the proprietary drivers tab, but the check worked and I can now launch Steam without an error. I guess the intel card is running on some generic drivers preinstalled with ubuntu.
    The annoying thing now is that I think the computer is permanently in high performance mode, so the GPU fan is constantly on.
    Hardware:
    Clevo p150em - Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7970M

OS and kernel: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Linux 3.2.0-54-generic

Driver: amd-catalyst-13.8-beta1-linux-x86.x86_64
    Last edited by DominikCZE; October 6th, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

Beans

Has anyone made progress on getting this to work on Saucy?

Beans

And.... an unknown update broke the driver. Had to restore back to default.

Beans

The Intel Driver Installer does not support Saucy, I'm still waiting, with my hotty and noisy HP Pavilion DV7 Quad Edition (i7-2630QM/6770M)

EDIT: I've just installed Catalyst beta 13.11 following @Niccola 's guide, without the Intel driver and worked flawlessly (except for black Google Chrome titlebars when using Discrete GPU)

Thank you!!

EDIT2: Bugs so far: 1) No titlebars in Google Chrome while using DGPU. 2) No brightness control
    I've not tested HDMI output yet.

EDIT3: HDMI output works fine on Intel GPU, I've not tested DGPU.

EDIT4: Brightness workaround:
    in /etc/default/grub file add or modify this line:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_backlight=vendor"Then sudo update-grub and reboot.
    Last edited by stormforce133; October 24th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast