Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

aeronutt is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Quote Originally Posted by bidget View Post
    I can't seem to get my intel graphics to work properly. My AMD graphics will load up just fine, but if I use catalyst to switch to intel, or if I do it via the command line with 'aticonfig --px-igpu' after I restart and login, nothing will display, it is simply the desktop wallpaper. There's no bar along the lefthand side or along the top. To fix it I just restart into the recovery mode and use 'aticonfig --px-dgpu' and then after I restart again everything is working ok.

I'm using 12.04 and have a Lenovo y470p which has a ati 7690m/intel 3000. I would really like to get the intel chip working because my battery life with the 7690m on is HORRIBLE!

I've attached a screenshot of what my catalyst shows as I'm not entirely sure what I have to type to get all of the version numbers etc. to display. I haven't used ubuntu since 7.10, so I am a bit rusty!

Also it should be noted that it is detecting that I have a 7670m, instead of 7690. Not too sure why it's doing that.

This sounds like the exact same problem I have. When you switch to integreated (intel) graphics, try using Unity 2D instead of Unity 3D.

For me, before I loaded fgrlx, intel integrated graphics and Unity3D worked fine. After loading fglrx, whoooohooo, I can now switch between integrated and discrete graphics, BUT, in integrated graphics mode, only Unity2D works.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by aeronutt View Post
    This sounds like the exact same problem I have. When you switch to integreated (intel) graphics, try using Unity 2D instead of Unity 3D.

For me, before I loaded fgrlx, intel integrated graphics and Unity3D worked fine. After loading fglrx, whoooohooo, I can now switch between integrated and discrete graphics, BUT, in integrated graphics mode, only Unity2D works.
    aeronutt, can you tell me if you have direct rendering when you're using Intel iGP?
    just show the output of:

Code:
    $ glxinfo | egrep render
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Alright! So I figured out how to get 2d to work (click the little ubuntu logo, very clever...) and the intel graphics seems to work just fine. I tried the glxinfo | egrep render and it spit out the following:

direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile

Any idea why catalyst would still be recognizing my graphics as 7670 instead of 7690 though? Maybe just because it's so new?

Also... Is it just me or do unity 2d/3d look exactly the same...?
    Last edited by bidget; April 5th, 2012 at 05:18 AM.

Beans

i also have this problem
    Last edited by sarathsnair; April 5th, 2012 at 05:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Alright! So I figured out how to get 2d to work (click the little ubuntu logo, very clever...) and the intel graphics seems to work just fine. I tried the glxinfo | egrep render and it spit out the following:

direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)

Any idea why catalyst would still be recognizing my graphics as 7670 instead of 7690 though? Maybe just because it's so new?

bidget,
    try to remove the file amdpcsdb in /etc/ati/ as root with the following command:

Code:
    $ sudo rm /etc/ati/amdpcsdb
    then reboot and check it out again.

if it does not work, I think you have to wait for newer versions of Catalyst. You Graphic Card could too recent to this driver (for linux users) OR you card has the same chipset or identifier that the 7670

----------------------------------------------

Ok, I've figured out this problem (about no rendering at Intel iGP) when switching to iGP the direct render isn't working on intel.

So, I think that's the problem about Unity3D and also Gnome-shell error loading using iGP

When using a fresh installation, the direct render works successfully but, without any switch method.

I'm trying to fix iGP no direct rendering (I think it'll solve most of performance and hardware problem), but I have no so much time to put on it so if any of you want to help me just send me an email or lets talking in this thread.

just some knowledge:
    this error occurred with me in older version and just installing mesa-dri-experimental has solved the problem. However, this was solved on an old computer without Hybrid Graphics, I've installed it yesterday but without success (but no errors). If one of you want to test, be knowing that it doesn't causes any error for me and feel free to try the same.

Are you using 12.04?

Could you tell me what version of this packages you have?
    xserver-xorg-core
    xserver-xorg-common
    xserver-xorg-video-all
    and
    xserver-xorg-video-intel

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'll try installing mesa-dri-experimental when I get home from work tonight and see if that changes anything. I'll post all my other info as well. I definitely don't mind helping, it's a fresh installation that I'm working with on a new computer, so I really have nothing to lose.

What commands would I use to find out which versions of those packages/drivers I have?

Beans
    Distro

Post found a solution to intel iGP no direct rendering

I've found the solution!!!!!!

It's not necessary the mesa-dri-experimental package to solve the problem.
    I've found a weird thing done by AMD fglrx driver during installation, but to make sure it'll work, let's verify if you have the same diagnostic:
    First thing is about glxinfo, if it show no direct rendering, just execute this command:
    Code:
     LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose; glxinfo
    the first output lines, if appears a lot of 'libGL errors' like below:

libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/fglrx/dri/swrast_dri.so failed
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/fglrx/dri/i915_dri.so failed

if you saw, there's an i915 dri driver that couldn't be loaded for some reason. As you can see, the directory is /usr/lib32/fglrx/dri/ but, if you ls this directory you will not see more than one driver named
    fglrx_dri.so
    So, I've figured out that when fglrx driver installs it changes the LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH to its own particular path, such that is: /usr/lib/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri
    if you write the command below you'll see the output like above:
    Code:
     echo $LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH

the output will be something like that: /usr/lib/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri

if you have the same output as above you just have to add the directory where is the intel dri drivers, lets do that!

as you can see in this file : /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx

Code:
    $ gksu gedit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx

Code:

if [ `uname -m` = 'x86_64' ]; then  
       if [ -d /usr/lib32/fglrx/dri ]; then  
         LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=${LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH}:/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri
         if [ ! -z $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ]; then  
         LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:  
         fi  
         LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}/usr/lib32  
         export LD_LIBRARY_PATH  
       fi  
     fi  
     export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH 
    in the fourth line you have the LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH defined as: /usr/lib/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri
    if you have the same as above, just add the following path in that fourth line:

for x86_64 (64 bits): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/

for x86 (32 bits) linux: /usr/lib32/dri/

just add is with a “:” (without quotes) in the end of 4th line and put the path above of your respective system to get the direct render working!
    The file will be like this:
    File /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx for 64 bits (x86_64) linux:
    Code:
     LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/fglrx/dri  
         LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=${LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH}:/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri  
         fi  
         export LD_LIBRARY_PATH  
       fi  
     fi  
    File /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx for 32 bits (x86) linux:
    Code:
     LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/fglrx/dri  
         LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=${LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH}:/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri://usr/lib32/dri
         fi  
         export LD_LIBRARY_PATH  
       fi  
     fi  
    then save the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx (must have root privileges) and reboot your system

then glxinfo | egrep render
    and check it out if you'll have direct rendering!
    Voilà! Shaazaam! Works

I've got gnome-shell loading and working sweeeeeeeeeetly without video tearing!!! XBMC also are working sweeeeetly and without video tearing! Good bye cruel World!!!!

Can someone tell me if Unity 3D works?
    Last edited by Niccola; April 5th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Alright so what I take from that is I just have to edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx file and add in the proper path to the drivers?

Would my path be the same or would it be something different? Can't wait to try this when I get home!

Beans
    Distro

Alright so what I take from that is I just have to edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx file and add in the proper path to the drivers?

Would my path be the same or would it be something different? Can't wait to try this when I get home!
    Yes! You just have to edit it! BUT, make sure about the prognostic explained above

Good luck! ;D
    Last edited by Niccola; April 5th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I think your graphic card isn't supported for the moment, this is why the driver use it as an 7670 instead of a 7690, and because this is not a 7670 you can't change the settings.

Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast