Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

package manager to see this update because the modified driver is different size. I have compiled from source to activate UXA graphics acceleration for the integrated core, because the SNA acceleration does not work with the proprietary driver from AMD, the conclusion from this: if you install the driver (xserver-xorg-video-intel) from repository environment then X will not start))) Good luck)
    Last edited by valek2282; May 5th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Beans

i dont see mine in the supported section. is there any other solution?

12.04 LTS

sean@sean-HP-ENVY-14-Notebook-PC:~$ lspci | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Madison [Radeon HD 5000M Series]

Beans

Sorry for my last weeks post. I also confirm this solution works (http://askubuntu.com/questions/20511.../288355#288355).

Beans

It works for me. Thank you. But i have one question. After downgrade intel drivers, can i install this upgrade?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Linukses View Post
    It works for me. Thank you. But i have one question. After downgrade intel drivers, can i install this upgrade?
    No, if you do, it will break the graphics again. You can lock the installed version, so it won't want to update it again.

Beans

Thank you for answer. And please, can you tell me how a i can do it? I try find some way, but there is no success...

By the way. Instuction (for Ubuntu 13.04) works with HP Probook 4530s - AMD Radeon HD 6490M + Intel HD 3000 Sandy Bridge

Sorry for my english... I do my best.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by razorxpress View Post
    Sorry for my last weeks post. I also confirm this solution works (http://askubuntu.com/questions/20511.../288355#288355).
    It worked for me too (Dell Vostro 3450, i5 2410 + ati 6630m) but only for Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit. I tried the 32 bit solution, but it was impossible to make it work.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Linukses View Post
    Thank you for answer. And please, can you tell me how a i can do it? I try find some way, but there is no success...

By the way. Instuction (for Ubuntu 13.04) works with HP Probook 4530s - AMD Radeon HD 6490M + Intel HD 3000 Sandy Bridge

Sorry for my english... I do my best.
    You do it from Synaptic. My Synaptic is in english but the menu-structure can't deviate too much.
    (I'd deliver a screenshot, but Gnome is acting up at the moment, but here goes)
    Start up Synaptic and enter xserver-xorg-video-intel.

Highlight the package and go to the Package menu. There you can find a menuentry called Lock Version. If all goes well, a small padlock should appear.

Beans

Thank you for post! It made me to use another post to solve this solution.

And it worked for me:
    DELL Inspiron 15R (N5520) i7 with AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1 Gb

But i used this link, where "For 13.04 writened"
    http://askubuntu.com/a/288355
    there was the same actions as in you post, and here is more information...

Hope that this driver will solve power saving problem to. Will see after charging will be fully done.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoDePollo View Post
    You do it from Synaptic. My Synaptic is in english but the menu-structure can't deviate too much.
    (I'd deliver a screenshot, but Gnome is acting up at the moment, but here goes)
    Start up Synaptic and enter xserver-xorg-video-intel.

Highlight the package and go to the Package menu. There you can find a menuentry called Lock Version. If all goes well, a small padlock should appear.
    Thanks. I've got it, but updater still show me to update this driver. I am tried reboot my PC however result is a same... Is it correct and xserver-xorg-video-intel will never be update? Or it must dissapear?

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast