Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 882

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

  1. #621
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Beans
    3

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    just wanted to say that following the first response in this askubuntu post, I was able to get switchable graphics working on an HP Envy 15 3040 nr running a Radeon HD 7690M and 12.10

  2. #622
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ringsted, Denmark
    Beans
    51
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    Quote Originally Posted by leonardt View Post
    just wanted to say that following the first response in this askubuntu post, I was able to get switchable graphics working on an HP Envy 15 3040 nr running a Radeon HD 7690M and 12.10
    That's great. That post on Ask Ubuntu is the textbook example of how to get hybrid graphics working for most configurations.

  3. #623

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    Wow tried yet again as the above post showed a few differences, and after Andrikos xserver-xorg-video-intel and configure - AGAIN Clack Screen of death after reboot - Anyone with sympothy on my 100th attempt over the year and any suggestions please rep[ly, Please and Thanks

    markackerman8@gmail.com

  4. #624
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Beans
    116

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    Not able to specifically help I am afraid Mark, however the Andrikos PPA worked fine on my Sony Vaio with AMD/Intel hybrid but it may be worth checking out the new 13.1 driver AMD has just released.

    I am very keen to see how quickly that can make it into the 12.10 repos actually so I can remove Andrikos one as I have conerns 12.11 beta is causing me crashes in Eye Of Gnome (open a larg image, set to 100% size and click/drag.. observe X server crash).

  5. #625

    Smile Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey View Post
    Not able to specifically help I am afraid Mark, however the Andrikos PPA worked fine on my Sony Vaio with AMD/Intel hybrid but it may be worth checking out the new 13.1 driver AMD has just released.

    I am very keen to see how quickly that can make it into the 12.10 repos actually so I can remove Andrikos one as I have conerns 12.11 beta is causing me crashes in Eye Of Gnome (open a larg image, set to 100% size and click/drag.. observe X server crash).
    Already tried ukubuntu alpha 13.04 w/wout andrikos PPA, and w/wout amd's 13.1, and w/wout 12.11 beta, and w/wout just fglrx form the repos arghhh

    thanks anyway

  6. #626
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Beans
    17
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    In order to get 3D to work on the integrated card, is it possible to remove catalyst and install intel driver from Ubuntu repos? I was thinking of something like this:

    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge fglrx*
    sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg-core libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64 libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    sudo reboot
    It seems that the workaround from the initial post, which suggests editing /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx, does not work. Hence one can not use Unity 3D or equivalent on the integrated GPU.
    Running Ubuntu 12.04
    Last edited by semperfizh; January 26th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

  7. #627
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    8

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    I installed the drivers for my amd radeon HD 7600m graphic card as given in the askubuntu post. When I executed the following command
    Code:
    sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    and rebooted, I lostmy login screen. Virtual console opens up. Then I removed the drivers using
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove fglrx
    but it too didn't work. I get virtual console when I boot ubuntu.

  8. #628
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Beans
    14

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    Quote Originally Posted by harpal View Post
    I installed the drivers for my amd radeon HD 7600m graphic card as given in the askubuntu post. When I executed the following command
    Code:
    sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    and rebooted, I lostmy login screen. Virtual console opens up. Then I removed the drivers using
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove fglrx
    but it too didn't work. I get virtual console when I boot ubuntu.
    You probably still have the xorg.conf file around.
    Code:
    sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

  9. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Beans
    75
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    I just installed Catalyst 13.1 and I have some performance improvements on my HD 6770M. However, I also having some black-screens with mouse cursor in lightdm logging screen, which problem I workaround restarting lightdm service through another TTY::

    CTRL + ALT + 1 for TTY1
    then,
    log in!
    then:

    Code:
    sudo service lightdm restart
    However, Im having some freezing and black screen when reboot/shutdown. Only happens after install fglrx and andrikos xserver-xorg-video-intel* drivers

    Is somebody experiencing same problem when shutting down/rebooting?


  10. #630
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Beans
    11

    Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

    good news, new beta driver 13.2, resolves the hangs on shutdown (of x), works fine on me,

    Ubuntu 12.04 kernel 3.5.7.4, mesa 9.0.1 (intel updates ubuntu x-team)

    and the indicator from beidl (many thanks)

    https://github.com/beidl/amd-indicator



    steam games work (cs 1.6 and team fortress 2)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •