Quote Originally Posted by shinylenin View Post
Hey Mark,

I am not sure if I can help you with your problem, but I can at least tell you how I got my HP to work.

1. I made a fresh install and did an update
  2. I didn't install driver 12.10 but the newest beta driver 12.11 since I couldn't start X with the officially released one.

I am not sure if this is going to help you but if you can change the graphic chip in your BIOS settings, change it to the dGPU (I guess you have an ATI chip).

I hope this will help somehow!
Shiny,
I guess what would be a weekend without another re-install of Ubuntu to TRY and fix this.
I will try what you suggested, though I have one question and One Observation.

q?/ What Kubuntu 12.10 or 12.04 did you use? and for others is one or the other more likely to work with ATI HD3000/ AMD-ATI-Radeon 6xxxm 'Muxless' setups?
And Shiny I think you must have a 'Muxed' System, as only they have Cios options to switch between cards - in my understanding.

As it is I will try with Kubuntu 12.10, as I th9ink you used that because you referenced Kernel 3.7 whisk is closer to it.

Mark - Wish me luck
one Note: The Open Source/ Mesa-git which updates almost daily Is getting better constantly, and with Kubuntu's Plasma desktop, their is a game called LOL, which is working almost flawlessly now, and has had serious problems even a week ago and still even in Ubuntu.