Thread: PIM (personal information manager) software

Beans

PIM (personal information manager) software

Fishing for recommendations for a good personal information manager:

What I don't want: Anything like Outlook (e.g., Evolution or Seahorse). I don't need e-mail, sharing, integration with the Google Calendar account I don't have, syncing with the iPhone I'll never buy, etc.

What I want:
    --Something with calendar and to-do's integrated in a single list, rather than separated into two panes.
    --Something that allows me to store and conveniently view detailed notes about appointments and to-do's, link to related files (both online and offline), etc.

I like the look of Chandler, but it doesn't appear to be under development any more. Anyone know of anything similar out there? Or a Chandler package for 10.04?

Thanks,
    treacl

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: PIM (personal information manager) software

Maybe you should take a look at the KDE project. Their applications are neatly integrated.

http://www.kde.org/applications/office/korganizer/

However, it would probably be best to run the KDE desktop for best experience, instead of Unity.

Beans

Re: PIM (personal information manager) software

Thanks for the suggestion. Judging by the screenshots, KOrganizer looks like it's pretty firmly in the Outlook mold (not that screenshots say everything, I admit). Also, I'm really looking for something that will run well and easily in Gnome.