Thread: infraction

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

infraction

I recently got an infraction for this post.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4#post11696824

Granted I was getting frustrated as I was getting told I was lazy, stupid and cant read simple instructions, but I do not think I was rude. It was a little off topic, but in my mind this was the best place to post, based on the fact it works in previous Ubuntu versions but doesn't in 12.04.

I dont want people to do the job for me, I wanted help in figuring out what was wrong. As I explained I'm on mobile broadband and with also updating 12.04 on a regular bases, I'm getting very near my monthly quota. In the grand scheme of things its not that important that a certain printer works under 12.04, but I personally would like to know why. If someone is too busy to help, just say, why reply with posts to make people feel like an idiot?

It seems that this forum has lost its 'help and support' in a friendly atmosphere and been replaced by a bunch of know-it-alls on power trips who enjoy making people feel stupid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: infraction

Hi and after reviewing the thread in question, I see nowhere that any user responded with
    lazy, stupid
    It would appear that you were frustrated and the reply was rude. Warnings and infraction serve as a reminded to follow the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct when posting.
    To achieve this, we strive to maintain an atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all and we ask all members of the community to be respectful at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness, gentleness and respect. If you do this, the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No problem, I guess its how you read and interpret it.

All you want is for someone to waste their time and do your job for you, right? Ok, here it is. I did it. Here are your debs.
    This comment was a personal attack on me and suggested I was being lazy.

If you think I was rude then obviously I was. Who am I to argue, your forum your rules!

I see no reason to continue to engage with this community. Can you please delete my account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I was in an exceptionally good mood this morning, and reversed your infraction.

However...
    We generally do not issue infractions for discussion in the RC, but you have used up your "Get out of jail" card with this comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by clivejo View Post
    a bunch of know-it-alls on power trips who enjoy making people feel stupid.
    Account disabled, as requested.
    Last edited by Iowan; February 18th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net