Thread: Cannot control headphones volume in 12.04 and 11.10 using kernel 3.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Cannot control headphones volume in 12.04 and 11.10 using kernel 3.2

Hello guys! I have the following problem in Kernel 3.2 using ubuntu 12.04 or ubuntu 11.10 with updated kernel to 3.2. Sound from speakers works fine but volume control using headphones is problematic. There are two states: mute and full volume. If I open sound settings and scroll the appropriate button above 100% sound is getting louder as it should do in all range. The problem didn't exist in all previous ubuntu releases including Ubuntu 11.10 with default kernel (3.0 I think). Is there anything to do to fix it?
    Sorry for my English,
    Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Re: Cannot control headphones volume in 12.04 and 11.10 using kernel 3.2

Have you tried controlling the volume from the application you are running??
    Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it - John Maxwell

Beans
    Distro

Re: Cannot control headphones volume in 12.04 and 11.10 using kernel 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by 14quartz View Post
    Have you tried controlling the volume from the application you are running??
    I have tried this and it's ok. The problem is that I cannot change volume globally (as most of us do).

Beans
    Distro

Re: Cannot control headphones volume in 12.04 and 11.10 using kernel 3.2

I 'd be greatful if someone could share his experience concerning this issue, suggest some fix or sth..