Thread: How do I access my c: drive

Hybrid View

Beans

How do I access my c: drive

Hello, All! I want to know if there is anyway I can access folders on my c: drive (windows 7) in ubuntu. I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and have just installed it. The installation was done using the wubi installer. I was wondering if there's a simple way I can access my c: from the home folder to bring over things such as pictures, music, etc... Without having to boot into windows and use a usb stick.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: How do I access my c: drive

I don't have any experience with WUBI, but if you open up Nautilus, your C: drive should appear under the Devices section on the left side. It won't be called C: drive; it will be named whatever that drive is named. Mine is called Gateway because I have a Gateway computer, and that's what they named my C: drive. It may not be mounted, but as soon as you click it, it will automatically mount and you can access it.

But I don't know what things are like with WUBI. It may not show up the same way.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    I don't have any experience with WUBI, but if you open up Nautilus, your C: drive should appear under the Devices section on the left side. It won't be called C: drive; it will be named whatever that drive is named. Mine is called Gateway because I have a Gateway computer, and that's what they named my C: drive. It may not be mounted, but as soon as you click it, it will automatically mount and you can access it.

But I don't know what things are like with WUBI. It may not show up the same way.
    No, for Wubi the Windows drive is at /host - that's the "host" folder in "Filesystem".
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. I found all of the files I was looking for in the "host folder"

Thanks for the help

Christian