Thread: Loss of video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Loss of video

Did the most recent updates on my 11.10. Have Adobe Flash 11.1 but cannot view videos either on YouTube or my fishing reports website.

At YouTube all I get is a black screen, no video. Indicator says it is playing but nothing shows. On my website it just offers the ability to make a comment, not view the videos. Haven't checked other locations yet.

Here is the YouTube site I'm trying to view. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAY1..._order&list=UL It's not just the one that doesn't show. Tried several others and had the same problem

Is this something to do with the latest 11.10 updates or do I need to get an add-on to view the videos?

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe but that changed nothing.

EDIT: Disregard! Did a shut down and restart. Went back to YouTube, signed in this time, and viewed with no problem. Not sure if it now requires signing in but seems to work fine.

Signature has info on system.
    Last edited by flyfishingphil; February 14th, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Problem corrected.
    HP EliteBook 2530p 120GiB HDD, 2GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU L9400 1.86GHz X2, Moile Intel GM45 Express Chipset, OS is 64 bit