Thread: Hawaii loco team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hawaii loco team

Hey, don't no if this sub-forum is dead or not, but i'll post here first anyway.

I'm looking to drum some activity on the Big island of Hawaii, So I looked around and found the was a loco team on Oahu. It seems to be dead, I've tried joining and emailing the leader a couple times.

So I'd either like to start a loco team on the big island or get in touch with the one on Oahu. Since we are separated by Islands it might be a good idea to have separate teams anyway.

So if there is anyone on the Big Island reading this please contact me! Or anyone from the Oahu team.
    -Unity Lover-

Open-Source is a way of LIFE

Beans

Re: Hawaii loco team

Aloha!

I'm an Oahu based Ubuntu user, so far any attempts at contacting other Hawaii based Ubuntu users has been pretty much futile. Good to see someone else around

Beans
    Distro

Well you have confirmed my suspensions. I will try to set up a team based on the Big island. I know a few users here and really want to get an active team up and running here.

@Twirrim: any plans on moving to the big island? LOL, I'm happy to here from you to!
    -Unity Lover-

Beans
    Distro

Getting a team started, not official yet.

Update, deleted it and got in contact with Scott (admin for Hawaii LoCo). I may shortly be taking over the administration of it. Lets try to get some activity and maybe even set some meetings up! I'll get a mailing list going, and register an IRC channel, as soon as i can.
    Last edited by CreativeReach; February 13th, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
    -Unity Lover-

Beans

LUG Nuts

Hi to both of you. Some of us near UH Manoa started a User Group with bi-monthly in-person meetings last year (LUG Nuts, part of the Tech Hui site), but it kinda faded into just a handful of folks. I am happy to be part of a renewed online presence for Hawaii Loco

Beans
    Distro

Update

I sent this to all the users that had a public email address.

Aloha, Hawaii LoCo Team

My name is Josh Melling, I just recently joined this team, also by request was made an Administrator. I really want to see some Ubuntu LoCo action here in Hawaii. R. Scott Belford is still owner I'll just be more of the PR officer. So if anyone is interested, we could start a project or maybe even organize events.

We now have a Mailing list so please Subscribe to mailing list , also the Team is now open instead of moderated ( If we need any PPA's we will make sub-teams).
    I'll with Scott about a IRC channel ( I don't know if there is one already or not?).

Project Ideas
    A Hawaiian translation team?
    A Hawaii language distro?

Event Ideas
    Global Jam (a twice a year event) read more here
    Ubuntu Hour read more here.

If anyone is interested or has any suggestions, please reply here. I really want to know what the team wants, so we could start a poll if there is enough interest in something.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hawaii
    -Unity Lover-

Beans
    Distro

many of you may already know but we have an IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-hi on irc.freenode.net
    -Unity Lover-