Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install Windows Vista Beta 2 (With Vmware without burning ISO file) On Dapper

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Install Windows Vista Beta 2 (With Vmware without burning ISO file) On Dap

I used one, so 2 to go.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install Windows Vista Beta 2 (With Vmware without burning ISO file) On Dap

I used one, one to go.

Beans

seems I have got the last one
    many thanks

Beans

Hmmm... Managed to install VMWare Server without any issues. Also succeeded in creating a virtual machine and so on.

However, when booting my recovery Windows XP CD (which I got with my laptop) it complains that this is not an Acer computer...

Is there any way to get around this check or have the server emulate the Hardware characteristics and ID's of the host system?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

For internet with Vista Ultimate, I used the driver from the NIC chipset. I have a Linksys WMP54G v4, the chipset is Railink,so I used the Railink R2500 driver. All you need to do is Google for the chipset of your wireless or wired NIC and you should be in business. There are very few drivers for NICs that are native within Vista. Good luck!! If you have any more questions on more details with Vista there are numerous sites. I enjoyed playing around with Vista although there were a few things built in that I did not care for at all.
    Eric

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Install Windows Vista Beta 2 (With Vmware without burning ISO file) On Dapper

How do you download firefox for virtual windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Install Windows Vista Beta 2 (With Vmware without burning ISO file) On Dapper

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Beans

This thread is expired. Vista has closed the Beta 2 product key site down. Does anyone have a key I could use?? Legally of course!

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I don't have a key you can use, sorry . Used it just then.

I had Vista stitting in a ISO that I never installed. I managed to install it with VMWare, but it really slows down the computer, and I can't get my wireless card to work on it. I would really like to try Windows Live Messenger on it, but without my wireless card, it is pointless.

Had anyone had any success getting a TP-Link wireless card working?
    Hundreds of online flash games: OzGaming.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Does anyone have another cd-key for me? I used the aforementioned cd-key and vista says it expires in 13 days 'cause it's in use.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast