Acer 3830t battery and brightness
it took me ages to figure out how to get brightness to work, figured i would post successful results of lots of hunting.
1) ctrl + alt + T, to open terminal
2) type : sudo -s (to get root access)
3) type : gedit /etc/default/grub (to launch your grub bootup file)
4) where it says GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=, in the quotes put quiet splash pcie_aspm=force i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.i915_enable_fbc=1
5) on the next line where it says GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=, put acpi_backlight=vendor in the quotes.
6) save the file.
7) update grub with sudo update-grub
follow his instructions to install jupiter and run lm-sensors.
not sure who this will help but the brightness issue took AGES to figure out and hopefully this will save some hair
also, REALLY wish i could edit tags cause i dunno bout you but when i google its by model # : / i understand the abuse issue but you know lol
Tags for this Thread