Thread: Messed up my htdocs

Beans

Messed up my htdocs

Hi guys, another blunder by me. Here's what I did:

1. I have an existing htdocs on my Windows partition and wanted to copy it to the htdocs in my Ubuntu partition.

2. I couldn't paste in /opt/lampp/htdocs

3. I used sudo cp ../../media/Drive2/xampp/htdocs /opt/lampp/htdocs. I got some errors at which I used -f and -r. Somewhere along the way, there was no error reported. I checked the filesystem but couldn't open the folders in htdocs.

4. I read somewhere that I should use gksu nautilus which I did. I was then able to access the folders in the htdocs.

5. I turned on LAMPP and could access localhost and localhost/phpmyadmin but I couldn't access any of my pages.

6. I did ls -ld and found out that the owner was listed as root probably due to my sudo cp.

7. I changed it via chown -hR to my user account.

8. Until now, I still cannot access my pages. When I open them in the browser, I get either

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/opt/lampp/htdocs/test/test.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
    or
    Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
    If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 403
    Result of ls -l is (same for all so I just pasted one):
    drwxrwxrwx 5 martin root 4096 2012-02-09 22:14 test
    Hope someone can help. I've got a backup of the htdocs so I have no problem starting over if needed.

Beans

Re: Messed up my htdocs

Bump.

Beans

Re: Messed up my htdocs

Update: I tried copy pasting directly from Drive2 on normal nautilus to /opt/lampp/htdocs on gksu nautilus. It still does not work. Does it have something to do with the Windows permissions against Linux permissions? Hope someone can help. Thanks.