Thread: Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Beans

Question Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Hi, comrades!

I'm Wraakvol, and the Ubuntu universe is completely new to me, since I've installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my laptop yesterday.

First thing I did, I installed Maple 14 on it, 'cause I'm studying on college, and this program is needed. But I couldn't run the Classic Worksheet, the one I need. I used the following commands (no one worked for me):

maple -cw

xmaple -cw
    So, any of you have any ideas, or suggestions?

That's it, I hope your answer!

Wraakvol

Beans

Unhappy Re: Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Although none of you replied (144 views as I write), I reinstalled Maple 14, once again, and from the terminal I input

/home/wraakvol/maple14/bin/maple -cw
    and nothing happens, although I followed the instructions from the Maple 14 Installation guide and the Readme file. Not even an error. It behave as if I press enter.

I really need to use Classic Worksheet. Please help me.

Ah, one more thing. Does exist a graphic interface of Classic Worksheet for Linux, like the Windows one?

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Well, I googled a while, and it seems I'm missing some files. I've just found a guy with similar problems in Fedora. I attach his comment:

maple -cw

died without any error message.

the solution was the installation of a few ancient X11 fonts:

---> Package xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi.noarch 0:7.5-4.fc15 will be installed
    ---> Package xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi.noarch 0:7.5-4.fc15 will be installed
    ---> Package xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-2-75dpi.noarch 0:7.5-4.fc15 will be installed

maybe they are missing from the default Ubuntu install as well
    Now, I need to know what files are missing in my Ubuntu installation, 'cause I've tried to install the ones above, and I got the following:

Code:
    wraakvol@AsgeirrCorp:~$ package install xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi.noarch 0:7.5-4.fc15 
    Package xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi.noarch was not found.
    wraakvol@AsgeirrCorp:~$ package install xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi.noarch 0:7.5-4.fc15
    Package xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi.noarch was not found.
    wraakvol@AsgeirrCorp:~$ package install xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-2-75dpi.noarch 0:7.5-4.fc15
    Package xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-2-75dpi.noarch was not found.
    So, any ideas?
    Last edited by Wraakvol; February 25th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Beans

Talking Re: Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Hello!

I downloaded those files missing from here, and the program worked fine!

I hope this thread helps to anyone who need Maple in his/her machine.

Wraakvol.

Beans

Re: Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Wraakvol, I just wanted to say thank you for posting the solution. Many times people get frustrated and upset that no one helped them, but you were better than that and decided to be nice instead of upset. I think this will help others out in the future! Thanks

Beans

Wink Re: Maple 14 Classic Worksheet not working

Quote Originally Posted by PGScooter View Post
    Wraakvol, I just wanted to say thank you for posting the solution. Many times people get frustrated and upset that no one helped them, but you were better than that and decided to be nice instead of upset. I think this will help others out in the future! Thanks
    I was about to get frustrated and get a VM, when I decided to look for help in Mapleprimes.com, those guys who really know about the program itself. And they help me with this problem.

When I realised the solution was tricky, I decided to post it for people who might have the same problem.

So, you're welcome!