Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [solved] PPA's for Moonlight and Gecko Media Player

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question PPA's for Moonlight and Gecko Media Player

As of 5 February 2012, Mozilla® Firefox® Web Browser Plug-In Checker found out-of-date versions of the following Plugins:

a) Gecko Media Player 0.9.9.2 (Current: 1.0.5) - expecting Apple® QuickTime® Plug-in 7.6.4
    b) Moonlight 2.3.0 (Currrent: 2.6.5) - expecting Microsoft® Silverlight™ 3.0.40818.0

Which PPA's are applicable for current versions of the above?
    Last edited by bcschmerker; August 19th, 2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Thread Tools fixed.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: PPA's for Moonlight and Gecko Media Player

as of today Feb/06/2012 I am currently using FF 11.0 in PP 12.04 and Moonlight 3.99.03 works perfectly well,go and check it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kuvanito; February 7th, 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Arrow Re: PPA's for Moonlight and Gecko Media Player

What's currently available for both Moonlight and Gecko in 12.02b2 Precise is something that I need to backport to 10.04.4-LTS Lucid, as Mozilla® still had Firefox 4 in beta when Canonical officially released Ubuntu® 10.04-LTS back in 2010; what I'm asking is where at Launchpad™ I can find the backports that I need to get my rig current, as Precise is on track for RTM in April 2012, unless a critical complication arises.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i have no idea where you can up to 10.04 but you can certainly get moonlight from here: http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/

Beans

Moonlight only supports FF versions 3.xx and 4.xx. But i understood that FF 10.0 supports all plug-in's and add-on's no matter for which version of FF the add-on or plugin was intended for. So, i'm not surprised to see that Moonlight works for FF 10.

But then again, it looks like that Moonlight is on a dead road right now. I haven't seen any developments lately. They're still at the version which is still available right now. No newer versions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Moonlight's dead, dude. That's why I killed the packages.
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

are you guys blind?
    did you look at my pic?
    i am using firefox 11 and moonlight 3.99.0.3 and they work beatiful together.....by the way it looks like they will be a Moonlight 4 coming out soon...
    Last edited by kuvanito; February 7th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
    are you guys blind?
    did you look at my pic?
    i am using firefox 11 and moonlight 3.99.0.3 and they work beatiful together.....by the way it looks like they will be a Moonlight 4 coming out soon...
    I spoke with the Moonlight developers this weekend in Brussels.

It's dead. No more releases, no more code.
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
    are you guys blind?
    did you look at my pic?
    Excuse me when my answer doesn't suit you!
    I was just trying to help here.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Cool Re: PPA's for Moonlight and Gecko Media Player

So, apparently nobody at Launchpad™ has a suitable PPA as of 7 February 2012 and the Moonlight update will have to be ported directly from Novell® Go-Mono™? I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Novell® maintains the source code for Moon, if anyone is interested in building a PPA of appropriate Debian packages for Moonlight, LibMoon, etc. at Launchpad™.

So, what do we have available for backports of later versions of Gecko Media Player to 10.04.4-LTS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast