Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Beans
    4

    Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Help! Please!

    I'm having problems installing a compatible driver for Ati Radeon X1400 graphics card on Ubuntu 11.10. Can someone give me some guidance?

    Flashlight

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At home
    Beans
    1,359
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Try installing the driver from the repository x-swat:

    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install fglrx

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Quote Originally Posted by BC59 View Post
    Try installing the driver from the repository x-swat:

    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install fglrx
    are u sure about that? i don't think that card is supported by fglrx.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup (suitable for older PCs): Redobackup Less friendly disk backup (works on new PC): Clonezilla

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At home
    Beans
    1,359
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    are u sure about that? i don't think that card is supported by fglrx.
    Why not? As I see here is supported.
    http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ATI_Mobility_Radeon_X1400
    Do you no something in contrary?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Not working...any other suggestions?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    I read that "the last driver that supported your hardware was 2 and half years ago, 9.3 which you cannot run with the current versions of xorg and kernel present in Ubuntu." Is there another option?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Beans
    13,286
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight242 View Post
    I read that "the last driver that supported your hardware was 2 and half years ago, 9.3 which you cannot run with the current versions of xorg and kernel present in Ubuntu."
    You're correct.

    Is there another option?
    You don't NEED to install a video driver -- because you already have the default open-source driver installed. That is done when you first setup Ubuntu.
    Ubuntu 17.10 Mate, Mint 18.3 Mate; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    You're correct.


    You don't NEED to install a video driver -- because you already have the default open-source driver installed. That is done when you first setup Ubuntu.

    Thanks. I read about that... I guess I'm specifically trying to find out how to I get the same level of control over my monitor settings like in ATI Cat Control Center? I want to adjust the brightness, contrast, and gamma etc...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Beans
    13,286
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight242 View Post
    Thanks. I read about that... I guess I'm specifically trying to find out how to I get the same level of control over my monitor settings like in ATI Cat Control Center? I want to adjust the brightness, contrast, and gamma etc...
    Sorry ... you don't.

    CCC features only come with the AMD driver -- and there's no driver that will work with your card and any Ubuntu version newer than 8.10. AMD dropped driver support for your card when 9.04 came out.
    Ubuntu 17.10 Mate, Mint 18.3 Mate; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Driver for ATI Radeon X1400 in Ubuntu 11.10?

    maybe you can find something about that here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

    droping the support of driver is ATI fault but having no GUI for configuring radeon driver is on the people who made the opensource driver. they could have included at least some basics. i believe some settings are found under other tools, but they are not stickign together,

    anyway it can be done but it's messy: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1850578
    Last edited by mastablasta; February 4th, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup (suitable for older PCs): Redobackup Less friendly disk backup (works on new PC): Clonezilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •