Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers needed for PowerPC 12.04

rsavage is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Re: Testers needed for PowerPC 12.04

Thanks to the one person who clicked the link. The support from the community is honestly overwhelming....

Release candidate ISOs have started to be produced. Release date is next Thursday. I'm probably wasting my breath here, but can people please start submitting testcases to the QA tracker?

An ISO will only be released if all testcases for that ISO are completed. So that means every testcase for every PowerPC ISO has to be run on the last testing day. It is impossible for one person to do this. I cannot stress this enough.

Simply put, if you want PowerPC CDs to be released then it is up to you to test them. Do not rely on others to do this for you.

(p.s. Please do not ask how to do testing. This thread and the PowerPCDownloads page is filled with the necessary links. Here is another one that covers the basics https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1/Deployed...o-testing-main . If you still have a question then the Ubuntu +1 forum http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=412 is the place for it.)
    Last edited by rsavage; April 20th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Beans

Lubuntu 12.04 works very well on my Mac Mini G4, 1.42GHz, 1GB RAM, and 32MB VRAM.

It's very important to use the following sound preferences:

/etc/modules:

Code:
    # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
    #
    # This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
    # at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

#snd_powermac
    apm_emu
    snd_aoa_i2sbus
    snd_aoa_fabric_layout
    snd_aoa_codec_tas
    snd_aoa_codec_onyx

Beans

April 21st Ubuntu 12.04 LTS will not boot from ppc G5 machine. I tried (return) to boot live. The Second time powerpc64 which got me to (calling quiesce returning from prom_init) still happily using 10.10 though no longer supported. I will keep trying as daily is posted.

Beans

I was not able to boot from Lubuntu 12.04 using a ppc G5. First try live, second no splash. Neither booted. On no splash vmlinux no device.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
    Suspend: What you are trying only works when the framebuffers are built in (which they are currently not in 12.04). You need to follow the advice of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#H...rnel_module.3F
    Thanks, I recompiled myself a 3.2.0-23 kernel with the radeonfb in kernel, and set the kernel params for yaboot. I confirm, it fixes the suspend and switch to vt. Thanks a lot for the tips!

Now I just wish ubuntu would actually do something for the bug.... I updated it with my experiences.

Beans

April 23rd Ubuntu 12.04 LTS would not boot from a ppc G5.

Beans

April 23rd Lubuntu 12.04 would also not boot. When /live video=ofonly I received live:/2,/vm linux: unable to open file, Invalid device

Beans

Can people start submitting tests to the tracker http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/m...nes/214/builds so that the ISO images get released? Thanks

Beans

Beans

@ikkeT Thanks for the comment on the bug report. Should be fixed when you update.

@everyone Please report (on launchpad.net) any bugs you find so that they can get fixed. If you find a bug that somebody else has reported then write a comment on the bug report. It makes it more likely that the bug will get fixed. ikkeT did and the bug got fixed.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast