Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lost photos on my external hard drive

Beans

Re: Lost photos on my external hard drive

Thank you for showing me how to get rid of the files.

I found my pictures!!! They were buried in another folder altogether, and I do mean buried. I thought I had lost another folder, but I knew I had copies of that one's contents in another folder. I found it, but got distracted wondering what all the folders were, since I rarely use the folder I was in except for thing I need to keep like agreements and paid bills, but never really need to look at again. Inside another folder in that one I saw one labelled 2011 and sure enough, it was my photos! Woohoo! I know I did not bury them there. And it was too deep to get there accidentally (4 folders over and two deep from the original). I can only imagine that they'd been copied there whenever I uploaded them, or when I wiped out Windows thereby deleting Picasa, without my knowledge. However they got there I am grateful.

And thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. I learned a lot and though it didn't directly help solve this (non) problem, knowledge is never wasted.

Beans

Re: Lost photos on my external hard drive

Phew!
    Maybe it was a drag and drop error. One accidental push with the mouse and they were moved to another location.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234