Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Password keyring doesn't get unlocked upon login

Beans

Re: Password keyring doesn't get unlocked upon login

I have exactly the same problem, scottbomb. A few minutes after logon, the unlock keyring password dialog pops up and steals whatever keystrokes I'm making at the time.

I don't use auto logon. My keyring password is the same as my login password, and the keyring certainly does unlock. I can view the individual passwords inside it. My "Passwords: login" keyring is also the default one. That's another suggestion that's commonly made to people experiencing this problem.

dodo3773, does your suggestion completely fix the problem? Or, does it simply trigger the keyring password request early on in the login process so that you get it out of the way at the start of your session?
    Last edited by jcoles; October 14th, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: add question for dodo3773

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've found that after updating I have the problem back again, but I'm not going to bother trying to solve it, as Wine is broken, Shutdown\Restart won't work and I can no longer print to any printers, but rather than taking the time to troubleshoot every individual problem I'm just going to do a clean OS install.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jcoles View Post

dodo3773, does your suggestion completely fix the problem? Or, does it simply trigger the keyring password request early on in the login process so that you get it out of the way at the start of your session?
    Well, it does for me but your mileage may vary. I think the problem you're having though is the default password to initially unlock the keyring. Which may be a different issue. It's probably popping up because of wifi for network manager or something similar. I know this is old but it may be what you are looking for:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1739932

If you are getting the password to unlock default keyring at startup then you either have to enter password every time or use unsafe storage. My solution before is if it is asking you for the passwords and the keyring is not even working.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I was finally able to solve it by deleting the hidden keyring file in my home directory. I was asked for a password once after doing so and never since then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12